• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

WM Metro: Wolverhampton St Georges

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Everyone
Does anyone know what the plan is for the current Terminus is once the New Station Line is Open? Will it be Retained as an Emergency Terminus in the event of Disruption/Blockage or will it be lifted and removed?
Just Curious
Cheers

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

stuu

Established Member
Hi Everyone
Does anyone know what the plan is for the current Terminus is once the New Station Line is Open? Will it be Retained as an Emergency Terminus in the event of Disruption/Blockage or will it be lifted and removed?
Just Curious
Cheers
It will still get some services, I think twice an hour

OK Cheers
Interesting. I was thinking that if it was to be served by alternate Trams there would only be a 20 minute service at each which would not really be a 'Metro' Service (as it where)
I had a look at the new extension earlier. From what I can see the 2 lines merge into one at the front of the station and continue down alongside the Bay platform. I assume the Platform is going to be there. If so it is a bit of a distance from the station entrance (which you would assume is where most people would be headed) and pepole who be 'doubling back' on themselves...

duncanp

Established Member
My understanding is that alternate trams will serve Wolverhampton St Georges and Wolverhampton Station.

I think the hope is that by the time the extension opens the service will be up to full strength (ie. every 6 minutes) which means a tram every 12 minutes to each terminus.

Status
Not open for further replies.