• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

WMT trainee salary info

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack1984

Hello, I'm hoping someone might be able to help me? Does anyone know the trainee wage for WMT? Also what then does your salary go up to after training? Is ita staggered salary? I've been searching the threads but can't seem to find anything. Thank you for any help

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

SCDR_WMR

Established Member
Hello, I'm hoping someone might be able to help me? Does anyone know the trainee wage for WMT? Also what then does your salary go up to after training? Is ita staggered salary? I've been searching the threads but can't seem to find anything. Thank you for any help
For what position?

magpiepotts

It would really depend what depot you will be based at as each one has different terms and conditions per depot

GG96LFC

For trainee drivers, salary starts at £29,822 at the beginning of training. After 9 months, it increases to £42,879. One year after passing out as a qualified driver, it increases to £57,044

Jack1984

It would really depend what depot you will be based at as each one has different terms and conditions per depot
Based out of Bletchley

For trainee drivers, salary starts at £29,822 at the beginning of training. After 9 months, it increases to £42,879. One year after passing out as a qualified driver, it increases to £57,044
is this across the board? this role is based out of Bletchley

GG96LFC

Based out of Bletchley

Not 100% sure if that’s across the board but I don’t think the salary numbers differ much between depots

magpiepotts

Based out of Bletchley

I'm a senior conductor based at Coventry. The pay rate is the same for senior conductors however the increase in pay whilst training differs from each depot.

Idiotic

Afternoon,

Does anyone know the pay cycle for LNR. I understand it’s 4 weekly just trying to work out when the next payday is and future dates.

Thanks

SCDR_WMR

Established Member
Afternoon,

Does anyone know the pay cycle for LNR. I understand it’s 4 weekly just trying to work out when the next payday is and future dates.

Thanks
Yes it's 4 weekly. Current period ends 25th Feb with payday being 6 days later on the 3rd March

S-Car-Go

It might be a different salary structure in other parts of LNR, like in the West Mids.

I'm a Bletchley driver. My starting salary was 28k. It went up to "1st year salary" 46k after 9 months, regardless where I was in training (classroom is completed within 4 months, handling usually takes around 7 to 10 months).
1 year at 46k, it went up again to "2nd year salary" at 52k.
1 year later again you go to full pay, "3rd year salary" at just over 57k.

Hope that clarifies it

SCDR_WMR

Established Member
It might be a different salary structure in other parts of LNR, like in the West Mids.

I'm a Bletchley driver. My starting salary was 28k. It went up to "1st year salary" 46k after 9 months, regardless where I was in training (classroom is completed within 4 months, handling usually takes around 7 to 10 months).
1 year at 46k, it went up again to "2nd year salary" at 52k.
1 year later again you go to full pay, "3rd year salary" at just over 57k.

Hope that clarifies it
Yes, the ex-silverlink contracts are different than the WMT ones.
WMT is training at £28k~, 75% salary at 9 months, full salary 12 months after pass out.

Status
Not open for further replies.