• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Wokingham to St Pancras early hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brown

I booked tickets for Eurostar to Paris this November. I live in Wokingham but unsure how to travel to st Pancras as the train leaves at 5:40 am on a Thursday returning Saturday evening. I must reach Paris before 10 am on the day and the reason to book early train.

I wonder what are my options to travel at that time to st Pancras from Wokingham and also how are the queues/ immigration at the terminal?

I have a friend who lives in Belsize Park, London just 3 miles away to Euston and could squeeze in the before night at his flat but can I get a monthly return ticket from Wokingham to st Pancras?

Basically, trying to workout the cheapest with my network rail card and the best option to travel. Experts, appreciate your suggestions in advance.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

neilm

You need to be there 45 minutes - 1 hour before, with SWR on strike and GTR unable to reliably run trains at the moment I would take the option of the flat and an Uber as I do not think you have any other option.

Brown

You need to be there 45 minutes - 1 hour before, with SWR on strike and GTR unable to reliably run trains at the moment I would take the option of the flat and an Uber as I do not think you have any other option.

Thanks... upon scratching my head I felt the same too :)

AlterEgo

Veteran Member
I booked tickets for Eurostar to Paris this November. I live in Wokingham but unsure how to travel to st Pancras as the train leaves at 5:40 am on a Thursday returning Saturday evening. I must reach Paris before 10 am on the day and the reason to book early train.

I wonder what are my options to travel at that time to st Pancras from Wokingham and also how are the queues/ immigration at the terminal?

I have a friend who lives in Belsize Park, London just 3 miles away to Euston and could squeeze in the before night at his flat but can I get a monthly return ticket from Wokingham to st Pancras?

Basically, trying to workout the cheapest with my network rail card and the best option to travel. Experts, appreciate your suggestions in advance.

I don’t have the time to hand to skim through the fares (you’ll likely need two singles anyway) but you will definitely need to travel the night before. You will not be able to get a Tube from Belsize Park unless it’s a Friday or Saturday night/ Saturday or Sunday early morning, so you will need a night bus or a taxi. Or a hotel next to St Pancras, which is a much more sensible option.

Kite159

Veteran Member
Stay overnight with your friend and make use of night bus N5 towards Euston Square with a short walk to St Pancras.

Probably be easier with a Wokingham - London terminals off-peak return and using oyster or contactless from Waterloo to Belsize Park, depends where the flat is in location to the bus stops/station

Last edited:

neilm

Thanks... upon scratching my head I felt the same too :)

I live in Sussex and the earliest Eurostar I get is after 8am and that can be a little stressful.... Eurostar might be busy as we are heading into the summer holidays so I would get there an hour before, but that is just me.

Brown

Stay overnight with your friend and make use of night bus N5 towards Euston Square with a short walk to St Pancras.

Probably be easier with a Wokingham - London terminals off-peak return and using oyster or contactless from Waterloo to Belsize Park, depends where the flat is in location to the bus stops/station

Is it a monthly return or 2singles? Sorry I looked up in the swr website but very confused with the display of fares. I don’t see a monthly return.

Kite159

Veteran Member
Is it a monthly return or 2singles? Sorry I looked up the swr website but I’m very confused with the display of fares. I don’t see a monthly return.

Looking at BR Fares and it suggests a route via Staines is available at £27.90 (public price) with an any permitted for £28.30. both are off-peak returns valid for a month

rg177

Established Member
Associate Staff
International Transport
Is it a monthly return or 2singles? Sorry I looked up in the swr website but very confused with the display of fares. I don’t see a monthly return.

The Off-Peak Return is £27.90 routed via Staines and is valid to return within a month.

Edit- Kite beat me to it

Brown

Thanks everyone for your inputs. Although few of my questions might sound i
The Off-Peak Return is £27.90 routed via Staines and is valid to return within a month.

Edit- Kite beat me to it

thanks both... I rarely take trains and the reason for my silly questions. Thanks and will check it out.

transmanche

Established Member
The N5 runs every half-hour. During the week, buses depart Belsize Park tube stn at 04:15 and 04:44. The journey to Euston Bus Station takes just 10-11 mins and then it's a short walk to St Pancras. If you've got heavy bags, you'd make an easy connection with the N205 from Euston to St Pancras at 04:32 or 05:02. The 10, 390, N73 and N91 night buses also run between Euston Bus Station and St Pancras. All five routes run every half hour, so you won't have to wait long for a connecting bus.

BTW, there's no extra charge for a second bus journey within an hour, so it'll still cost just £1.50 if you take two buses.

Brown

The N5 runs every half-hour. During the week, buses depart Belsize Park tube stn at 04:15 and 04:44. The journey to Euston Bus Station takes just 10-11 mins and then it's a short walk to St Pancras. If you've got heavy bags, you'd make an easy connection with the N205 from Euston to St Pancras at 04:32 or 05:02. The 10, 390, N73 and N91 night buses also run between Euston Bus Station and St Pancras. All five routes run every half hour, so you won't have to wait long for a connecting bus.

BTW, there's no extra charge for a second bus journey within an hour, so it'll still cost just £1.50 if you take two buses.
:) thanks you are a superstar

Status
Not open for further replies.