• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Wolverhampton Extension Mileage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
I think it is 54ch from The Royal to Wolves Station, though my sources appear to be conflicting, so I am happy to be corrected!

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
Trackmaps V4 5th Edition gives

The Royal 141m35ch
Piper's Row 141m67ch
Wolverhampton Station 142m10ch

It also have mileages for the extension to Dudley & Brierley Hill.
Though there was an entry in Branch Line News recently saying that some of the mileages along the West Midlands Metro shown in the most recent Trackmaps have been recalculated, though sadly the summary wasn't the most obvious! (Hence my conflicting sources comment.)

The revised line diagram provided in the same issue - unfortunately in metric! - gives The Royal to the new junction as 490m, and the new junction to Wolves Station as 590m; a total of 1,080m, which is 53.7 chains approx.

P Binnersley

There is about a tram length of track beyond the platform at Wolverhampton station. With a 33m tram (1.64 chains) this could explain the difference.

There are (very) tentative plans to extend beyond Wolverhampton station so I don't know if they are quoting the platform mid-point or the end of the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.