• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Wolverhampton Steel Terminal changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

6Gman

Established Member
Noticed today that (at least) two sidings at Wolverhampton ST have been removed.

Anybody know what's planned?

(Hoping it doesn't mean a reduction in rail use.)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

furnessvale

Established Member
Noticed today that (at least) two sidings at Wolverhampton ST have been removed.

Anybody know what's planned?

(Hoping it doesn't mean a reduction in rail use.)
Quite the opposite. DBC are taking over the former Colas service ex Boston and are improving the Wolverhampton terminal to cope.

jimm

Established Member
From the Express & Star, Wolverhampton

Europe's biggest rail freight business is investing £6 million on doubling the operation at Wolverhampton's steel rail terminal.
DB Cargo UK has just launched a trial train service with the world's biggest steel company, ArcelorMittal, which saw it move 1,300 tonnes of steel coil to Wolverhampton.
Following the success of the trial Roger Neary, head of logistics sales at DB Cargo UK, said the company planned to more than double current deliveries to Wolverhampton of 210,000 tonnes of steel coil a year.

https://www.expressandstar.com/news...expanding-wolverhamptons-steel-rail-terminal/

6Gman

Established Member
Brilliant!

Especially pleased as I used to arrange Boston - W Midlands steel trains c.1980

One of the few flows that still exist!

Stanlow oil - gone!
Didcot coal - gone!
Shellstar/UKF fertiliser - gone!
Kent coal - ... I'm feeling my age ... :s

Status
Not open for further replies.