• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Work Experience for Year 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

HJ154

I am looking for work experience for 4-5 days in June this year. I would absolutely love to work on anything to do with trains or transport in the London area. I have been volunteering at my local food bank during some of my school holidays but I would love to get some experience with TfL or any of the companies who operate rail lines in London. I have been told that I am good with people, languages, organised and hard-working. Please can you help?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Elrey

There were some work experience opportunities with Southern about a month ago. It was posted on their website (GTR Careers). It has been taken down, but it doesn’t hurt to email the company and explain your intentions and that you would like to gain some insight into the industry. They may be able to offer you the work experience providing they have enough places left. Good luck!

OneLowban

I would email companies and ask. Just a few weeks ago I saw a young boy doing work experience with the platform staff at Bishops Stortford station.

LCC106

Established Member
It wouldn’t hurt to go to your local station to ask for advice as to how to get some work experience either. Shadowing platform staff sounds like a good option. Perhaps some time in a ticket office or information desk too. Just be mindful that you won’t be able to undertake any safety critical work but it’s a great opportunity to learn more about various aspects of the industry.

Status
Not open for further replies.