• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Work experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

MNK.Trains

Im thinking of doing work experience with a train company or something to do with trains as i would love to be a train driver when im older.

Does anyone know who i could do work experience with around derbyshire/yorkshire.

Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

GNERman

Established Member
Northern rail did/does one. Apart from that your best options will be speculative letters, but most TOC's don't do them.

TheVicLine

I know on London Underground it doesn't happen very often but it is not imposible. I have known people who work there who have got a week or so for there son/daughter, but this is not very common as safety training is required before you can work in the depots or on the stations and I would have said the chances of getting in a drivers cab are pretty slim.
I will enquire with HR if they do anything official and let you know if I find anything positive.
Other than that speculative letters to the various TOC's HR departments as already suggested would be my advice too.

Status
Not open for further replies.