• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Working Timetabes (FoI?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivo

Established Member
Hi all,

Does anyone know if it is easily possible to obtain up-to-date LUL working timetables (and not ones that are ten years out of date! :D) please, even if there is a cost involved? One idea I had was a Freedom of Information request, but I'm not sure how to go about making such a request.

TIA

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ralphchadkirk

Established Member
You wouldn't get it from an FoI request because it wouldn't be in the public interest, and I don't think LUL even have to comply with FoI.
These timetables are also marked "Private and not for publication" which sums it up.

DavyCrocket

LUL have always had to abide by TfL and now Tube Lines do too.

If you go to the FoI part of the website and ask.

I know that some people have gotten WTTs before.

Daniel

Established Member
You can get WTT's from LUL under the FoI.

However you will not get a binded book, it's a photocopied version in loose pages.

Gavelex

You wouldn't get it from an FoI request because it wouldn't be in the public interest, and I don't think LUL even have to comply with FoI.
These timetables are also marked "Private and not for publication" which sums it up.

You would, TfL is owned by the Govt and LUL is a sub-company of TfL.

Email foi [at] tfl.gov.uk and say what you want... Just drop in your address, email and a phone number.

If after 3 weeks you don't hear anything - email them again and ask how it's going - they do need a little shove up the rear end sometimes :roll:

They even gave me the DVA's for the Jubilee line on a cd once :lol:

DavyCrocket

You would, TfL is owned by the Govt and LUL is a sub-company of TfL.

Email foi [at] tfl.gov.uk and say what you want... Just drop in your address, email and a phone number.

If after 3 weeks you don't hear anything - email them again and ask how it's going - they do need a little shove up the rear end sometimes :roll:

They even gave me the DVA's for the Jubilee line on a cd once :lol:

TfL is actually more like a Local Authority, until 2003, LUL was under central HM Govt. control (being the only part of LRT left), then went to become part of TfL.

Anyway, TfL could charge you costs for some FoI requests, if it goes above a certain amount.

Gavelex

Anyway, TfL could charge you costs for some FoI requests, if it goes above a certain amount.

£450 was the last amount I saw, that if it goes over that you'll be charged the difference, if this has changed recently I have no idea.

Daniel

Established Member
Yeah if you ask for all they just reject it.

Nothing to stop you asking for them one by one, though..?

Philip Brown

I also received all of the working timetables without cost, and as I asked for two copies of each that's exactly what I got! The postage for it must have been stupendous, and I must admit I did feel a bit bad about it afterwards!

DavyCrocket

I also received all of the working timetables without cost, and as I asked for two copies of each that's exactly what I got! The postage for it must have been stupendous, and I must admit I did feel a bit bad about it afterwards!

I wouldn't. It costs £6k to install an oven that costs a few hundred!

ralphchadkirk

Established Member
I just sent them a request for a complete set of the WTT's. Wonder if I'll get them..!

Out of interest, what have other people asked for, and got?

Gavelex

Loads of stuff, I've had DVA's in the origional .wav format, WTT's, CCTV...

It's just really any file that LUL or it's sub companys (LUL BCV, LUL SSR and LUL JNP - ex Metronet & Tube Lines) holds.

Status
Not open for further replies.