• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Workington (WKG) to Sheffield (SHF) First Class fares?

Status
Not open for further replies.

donald2007

There are no First Class fares for sale on this route despite it being readily routable via Preston and Manchester which all feature First Class trains such as VT and TP. I can only find Standard Class fares online.

I would never be able to book a full fare First Class ticket in any case, so I would like to ask for splits with combinations of (hopefully) advance fares or maybe a small portion in Standard (in additional to the usual WKG-CAR service).

This is for anytime on Tuesday 20th June.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Have you tried Trainsplit.com?

I'll leave you to try that, but I have just tried the test version of Trainsplit version 2 (which finds some combinations that the existing site doesn't find) and that found, for example, an itinerary departing Workington at 1258, via Preston & Manchester, arriving Sheffield 1810, with standard walk-up fares as far as Preston (splitting at Lancaster) and then a 1st Advance Single from Preston to Sheffield, totalling £43.90

donald2007

Thank you very much for your prompt reply. I will have a go, I would like to go via Carlisle rather than southbound via Barrow.

Would you be so kind as to provide me with the link for Version 2?

SickyNicky

Verified Rep - FastJP
Thank you very much for your prompt reply. I will have a go, I would like to go via Carlisle rather than southbound via Barrow.

Would you be so kind as to provide me with the link for Version 2?

I'm sorry, but that's not publicly accessible yet. I don't think it will be long now, though :)

Status
Not open for further replies.