• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

World of Subways Volume Three (London Underground)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

thefab444

Established Member
Like a lot of modern games, I find the lighting to be far too harsh - things don't look like that in real life!

trentside

Established Member
Fares Advisor
Like a lot of modern games, I find the lighting to be far too harsh - things don't look like that in real life!

Completely agree with this.

It does look a good game though, just a pity it isn't available for Mac :(

HST Power

Established Member
The graphics are excellent, but I have to agree, the lighting is far too strong.

HST Power

Established Member
If I had a computer with more advanced graphics I'd buy this. For now, Trainz will have to do. I severely doubt that my PC could take it, which is a shame. It looks realistic, very solid and has clearly got brilliant station detail.

causton

Established Member
My computer can't really handle it and so I've got not much use out of it. Especially as if it runs slow it's harder to make mistakes as it's slower to react, and then if you get the mission wrong in one way (forget to close the other cab door, speed a little bit) it makes you start all over again! The free runs are nice though :)

HST Power

Established Member
My computer can't really handle it and so I've got not much use out of it. The free runs are nice though :)

Sorry to hear that causton, there's nothing worse than buying a game, and really looking forward to playing it, only to find your PC doesn't meet the mark needed. I've had many similar experiences, though a good thing to do is tone down the graphics and textures. You won't have the scenery on such a high level, but you will have a chance to drive properly and get a better frame rate.
The alternative solution of course, it to slap the keyboard and shout 'Why does this always happen', which I've done on numerous occasions!!! :lol:

causton

Established Member
Sorry to hear that causton, there's nothing worse than buying a game, and really looking forward to playing it, only to find your PC doesn't meet the mark needed. I've had many similar experiences, though a good thing to do is tone down the graphics and textures. You won't have the scenery on such a high level, but you will have a chance to drive properly and get a better frame rate.
The alternative solution of course, it to slap the keyboard and shout 'Why does this always happen', which I've done on numerous occasions!!! :lol:

Ooh yes, tried that - but then the switch labels become all blurry and useless, and it was STILL slow after updating drivers, turning down/off all settings etc :( I think I need more RAM though so that's not too hard to fix! :)

valenta

The game requires a very powerful computer to run smoothly. The only suggestion I can add is to put the resolution down.

HST Power

Established Member
Ooh yes, tried that - but then the switch labels become all blurry and useless, and it was STILL slow after updating drivers, turning down/off all settings etc :( I think I need more RAM though so that's not too hard to fix! :)

I might be able to help you, send me a PM if you're interested.

network1

Hi guys - just been reading the thread on the underground sim i have the same problem where by my pc is too slow to run the sim with any degree of success so i want to buy a more updated pc can anyone advise what the best PC to buy without breaking the bank.

heart-of-wessex

Established Member
Someone over UKTS is struggling on his PC with a 3.4GHz processor, 4GB RAM and 1GB GFX card, so I doub't mine (with basically the same spec) will run it either!

HST Power

Established Member
There's nothing an Alienware shouldn't be able to run. I'd expect a quality of that machine to keep you on par with the high spec games for at least three or four years.

Status
Not open for further replies.