• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Worsbrough Incline Walk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barnsley

Today I started off from home and walked downhill to the former Glasshouse Crossing to get onto the Transpennine Trail, this is the view looking towards Penistoneimage15.jpegI then walked in the opposite direction, towards Wombwell along the old line, which has been part Tarmaced so not so bad Underfoot, until I reached the former Worsbrough Dale Crossing
View of the Crossing
image14.jpeg
I then contined towards Wombwell, on the section to Lewden Crossing, this section has been surfaced with a better material, I think due to the fact that the previous bit was done when a pipeline was put in, where the rails were finally removed from Kendal Green and Worsbrough Dale crossings
image9.jpeg
Approach to Lewden Crossing
image11.jpegI then continued towards the Swaithe Viaduct
image4.jpeg
Approaching the Viaduct
image5.jpeg
Then it was a left turn after passing under, to get to the path by the field towards home
Path beside the Viaduct
image8.jpegAs I was walking, Northerns finest comes over on 2L14 Sheffield to Leeds, 150273
image2.jpeg
And finally, a last look at the Railway as I head off back home
image1.jpegIt was a little different from last time when I got a picture of the EMR HST diverts

Attachments

• image15.jpeg
    image15.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 8
Status
Not open for further replies.