• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Worth booking tickets? Leighton Buzzard landslip

Status
Not open for further replies.

gord

Hi,

Me and my wife were looking at booking tickets for a day out in London from Wolverhampton on Tuesday (2nd). We were looking at going early afternoon and then treating ourselves to some first class advances coming home later in the evening.

However, I see there has been problems with a landslide at Leighton Buzzard and there are already cancellations tomorrow.

Is it worth us booking anything? How severe is this problem? It seems that only a few trains are affected but it's difficult to tell the level of disruption caused by this.
We may look at spending our day off together by going somewhere else for the day if this is going to cause us a headache!

...the Virgin Trains booking system on their website is down at the moment anyway, so we may miss the cheaper fares by the time it's up and running anyway!

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
...the Virgin Trains booking system on their website is down at the moment anyway, so we may miss the cheaper fares by the time it's up and running anyway!

Thanks in advance.

FYI You can book tickets on any Train Company Website.

gord

FYI You can book tickets on any Train Company Website.

Thanks. Gone ahead and booked it anyway. Looking at the details, only one of the four lines are blocked and not too many Virgin Trains are being cancelled. It looks likes most cancellations are in rush hour anyway.

If I'm unlucky, I'm sure they can put me on another service with my advance ticket.

Don't mind getting delayed a little too.

hairyhandedfool

Established Member
Thanks. Gone ahead and booked it anyway. Looking at the details, only one of the four lines are blocked and not too many Virgin Trains are being cancelled. It looks likes most cancellations are in rush hour anyway.

If I'm unlucky, I'm sure they can put me on another service with my advance ticket.

Don't mind getting delayed a little too.

If your booked service is cancelled you will be permitted to use the next available service (of the same company), but you will not be guaranteed a seat on it.

MikeWh

Established Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
If your booked service is cancelled you will be permitted to use the next available service (of the same company), but you will not be guaranteed a seat on it.

And presumably if your booked service is a Southern one, someone else will take you as nothing Southern is going north of Watford.

hairyhandedfool

Established Member
Southern should have made arrangements if they are not running over their normal route, what those arrangements are is up to Southern.

paul1609

Established Member
Monday 1st February 2016 - Due to a landslip closing some lines in the Leighton Buzzard area Southern train services will not operate between Watford Junction and Milton Keynes Central today.
Ticket acceptance has been agreed for passengers to travel on London Midland train services between London Euston and Milton Keynes Central and on London Underground services between Victoria and Euston.

gord

Well after all that, noticed no effects from the landslip today at all. We actually arrived at Euston slightly early going down. It was the same coming back, had to be held at Coventry for a bit because we were running early.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.