• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

wsm is cheaper than virgin

Status
Not open for further replies.

robert2000

£64.00 is a day return from chester to london

£20 is a day return from wrexham to london via wsm, and from chester all i need to buy is the extra return to wrexham so it come sup to saving about £40

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I can't find a £20 day return ticket from Wrexham to London?

I also can't find any day returns from Chester to London, but an Off Peak return (code SVR) valid for 1 month is £66.40.

If you are comparing walk-on fares with Advance fares that is not a fair comparison.

robert2000

u need to go on the wsm website, it cost me only £20 return from wrexham to london.

if i bought a ticket from chester to euston it would cost about £64

Polarbear

Established Member
Yes, WMSR do have single tickets for £10 each way, but these are not "walk on" fares. They have to be booked in advance and are subject to availability.

As Yorkie says, the estwhile "Saver" return Chester-London is £66.40. This is a turn up and go fare, albeit restricted to off peak services on weekdays.

Having said that, finding cheap advance purchase fares on Virgin between Chester and London for the purposes of a day in london is somewhat akin to finding hens teeth or rocking horse do do!<D Hence why my next visit to London will be with WMSR using an aforementioned £10 single.

(£55 1st class coming back - looking forward to that..:D).

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
You need to go on the WSMR website, it cost me only £20 return from Wrexham to London.

If I bought a ticket from Chester to Euston it would cost about £64
Again, please read my post above - it's not a fair comparison as there is no walk-on return fare for £20 from Wrexham to London, you have made up the figure based on 2 x £10 singles, the equivalent lowest Advance fare on Virgin from Chester is £8.

It's no better than saying "WSMR are poor value because their Off Peak return is £53 but on Virgin it's £16" !

And you don't need to go to the WSMR website to get those Advance fares. You do, however need to book in advance.

Also if you can use the shift key and not use txt spk (e.g. "u" instead of You) if possible, it would be greatly appreciated :). (I've edited your post above as an example)

robert2000

I do not like writing like that, I prefer to use better grammer here because other people of all sorts of ages are looking at this website.

robert2000

the £8 ticket with virgin looks fantastic but apparantly u need to take a close look at were u can use it. i could only find on 1 ticket sales website and it said use only on the 12.35 from chester to london on a thursday, BUT thats not all, u have to pay a normal single fare back. any ideas.

Guinness

Established Member
I do not like writing like that, I prefer to use better grammer here because other people of all sorts of ages are looking at this website.

I'm sure all ages understand that "u" and "you" mean completely the same thing. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.