• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

WSMR Wrexham - London

Status
Not open for further replies.

garnon

I seek some advice please.

On Sunday (28th Feb), I wish to travel from Crewe to London, preferably by way of WSMR from Wrexham.

I hold the outward portion of a SVR return Manchester - London. (ignore the Manchester - Crewe bit as i be starting from Crewe)

Now i know i could join an up WSMR service at Tame Bridge at no extra cost (via Birmingham stations - i know this is probably not the technical phrase).

But if i want to join at Wrexham, what would my cheapest 'excess' option be to ensure i remain valid ??

Thank you.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

barrykas

Established Member
Whilst the WSMR services are routed via Crewe, they're not advertised as calling there, so I would suggest that you'd need a ticket from Wrexham to Tame Bridge Parkway to satisfy Condition 19(b) of the National Rail Conditions of Carriage (i.e. the train calling at the station where you change from one ticket to the other) given Wolverhampton is a set down only stop heading South.

Cheers,

Barry

Status
Not open for further replies.