• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

WYMetro Pass on Grand Central

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metroman62

I have not been able to find the answer to this.

Can a WYMetro blind / companion pass be used on Grand Central trains within the West Yorkshire area? The pass allows free travel on rail services in the area but as Grand Central is an open access operator I don’t know if they have to also allow free travel in their services.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Veteran Member
I have not been able to find the answer to this.

Can a WYMetro blind / companion pass be used on Grand Central trains within the West Yorkshire area? The pass allows free travel on rail services in the area but as Grand Central is an open access operator I don’t know if they have to also allow free travel in their services.
I have used a WY Dayrover without problem.
The general rule is that OA operators (and all TOCs) accept "Any Permitted" tickets unless they are specifically excluded, and that would cover this one.

TUC

Established Member
There is nothing which suggests Grand Central is excluded. The references to validity are simply to rail services in West Yorkshire.

Status
Not open for further replies.