• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

X Country from Bristol Temple Meads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grumpy Git

On Moderation
I'm looking at catching the 14.00 X-Country departure from Bristol Temple Meads to Birmingham next Thursday.

Is this train normally busy by the time it arrives at Temple Meads?

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ValleyLines142

Established Member
A difficult one to call. It starts at Plymouth. Obviously this week is one time avoid with Cheltenham Races.

Do you have to get the 1400? Could you get a service that starts at Temple Meads, so that you can get first dibs of a good seat?

Established Member
I'm looking at catching the 14.00 X-Country departure from Bristol Temple Meads to Birmingham next Thursday.

Is this train normally busy by the time it arrives at Temple Meads?
Not to sure about the 1400 but the 1430 is booked to be a HST which would mean a better chance of getting a seat.

Grumpy Git

On Moderation
I'm due to land at Bristol Airport approx. 12.30, so the 14.00 service is the obvious choice.

Grumpy Git

On Moderation
Not to sure about the 1400 but the 1430 is booked to be a HST which would mean a better chance of getting a seat.

That would be a blast from the past. Last time I was on a HST it was from St Pancras to Derby about 1984!

VT 390

Established Member
You could also try to reserve a seat once you know exactly which train you will be getting using Cross Country's ten minute reservation system.

Status
Not open for further replies.