• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

XC at their Worst?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masboroughlad

Established Member
1444 off Exeter to Manchester. Late, not cleaned, three coaches in use, no reservations, no First class. Intercity standard? I think not.

Only redeeming feature was a cheery trolley Stewardess! (Buffet car would be better, but thats another story).

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

route:oxford

Established Member
1444 off Exeter to Manchester. Late, not cleaned, three coaches in use, no reservations, no First class. Intercity standard? I think not.

Only redeeming feature was a cheery trolley Stewardess! (Buffet car would be better, but thats another story).

Ok... So what stock was operating the service today?

Very short formed HST?

Bungle965

Established Member
Associate Staff
Buses & Coaches
I think that xc are one of the worst every time i have used them from wolverhampton to manchester piccadily it has been full and standing most of the time i have had to sit on the floor and if you look into first class you see one or two people there, they need to do something about the overcrowding

Rich McLean

Established Member
I think that xc are one of the worst every time i have used them from wolverhampton to manchester piccadily it has been full and standing most of the time i have had to sit on the floor and if you look into first class you see one or two people there, they need to do something about the overcrowding

The whole point of first class on XC Voyagers is that you get a better chance of a seat. If I travel by train from Oxford to Brum and back, if I do not have seats reserved, I pay the extra and travel First Class

Status
Not open for further replies.