• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

XC HST's

Status
Not open for further replies.

That's definitely part of the extra seating calculation, but only a very small fraction. Indeed isn't 16 only applicable to 5 cars, and the 4 car units had less, 14 maybe? So as an overall percentage the extra seats are a single figure, about 7.5%...

The 35% extra through the West Midlands in the peaks is mainly the HSTs and a few double units here and there as far as I can see.

There's a DfT clarification here that shows how the percentage increases apply at different parts of the routes in the pm peak - but they give the general idea...

XC Capacity ITT Clarification

Hadn't heard any Southampton services would be doubled up, and agree that would definitely need more units on the route.

To be honest, I never actually counted the seats on our trains, I not that extreme.
1703 Brum -DBY your be lucky to get inside the doors most days, booked a single set, Actually your be lucky to get a seat from Bristol.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TEW

Established Member
Similar problems on the 1544, 1644, 1744 and to a lesser extent the 1844 out of Bristol to Plymouth and Penzance.

Similar problems on the 1544, 1644, 1744 and to a lesser extent the 1844 out of Bristol to Plymouth and Penzance.

Quite right, I completely agree with you. The 1644 is horrid. Remember also you have the 1713 which again is rammed!

RobShipway

Established Member
Would it be any better if XC had the Hitachi Super Express train if it ever goes ahead, with a diesel engine at one end and Electric engine at the other end?

Status
Not open for further replies.