• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

XC - Leeds. Info required

Status
Not open for further replies.

R Trevithick

Hi all,

Recently applied to XC for a position at Leeds.
No word as yet but just wondered if any XC drivers based at Leeds are on here.
I’m looking for info on:
Shift patterns/timings.
Routes
Traction - think it would be voyagers and/or HSTs. Am I right.
Any major issues - not keen on leaving my toc with its issues just to find myself in a similar place.
What are the Leeds DTMs like.

Am happy for a dm (or is pm - never can remember)if you don’t wish to reply on here.

Thanks for any help

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

KT530

Isn’t this the sort of info you would ascertain before applying for a job?

KT530

Just couldn’t envisage applying for a job myself without knowing what I’m applying for, but each to their own.

HSTs and Voyagers, Edinburgh to Birmingham via Leeds and Doncaster, plus diversions.

SPADTrap

Established Member
Just couldn’t envisage applying for a job myself without knowing what I’m applying for, but each to their own.

HSTs and Voyagers, Edinburgh to Birmingham via Leeds and Doncaster, plus diversions.

Location is key over the types of train for most..that much is obvious so if Leeds is your home I'm not sure the traction you'll drive is important at application stage.

godfreycomplex

Established Member
Location is key over the types of train for most..that much is obvious so if Leeds is your home I'm not sure the traction you'll drive is important at application stage.
if the OP gets an interview, routes/traction may well be the first thing they ask...

Gemz91

if the OP gets an interview, routes/traction may well be the first thing they ask...

I'd be expected to be asked about what routes an traction a company operates, but wouldn't be expected to be asked what specific routes and traction each depot operates.

Crossover

Established Member
XC's 170's don't go beyond Derby in the Leeds direction from Birmingham, as I understand it. XC HST's are largely based at Neville Hill so I would imagine you'd be signing those alongside the Voyagers

Bromley boy

Established Member
Isn’t this the sort of info you would ascertain before applying for a job?

Not at all - I can only assume you don't work on the railway to be asking that.

As noted above location will be the key driver for most. However more detailed information typically isn't available in the job advert, and is highly depot specific, even down to different depots within a TOC, for instance some may have taxi agreements while some may not.

Things like routes/start and finish times/Sundays outside/size of depot/link structure etc. are excellent questions to ask and not always the type of question that can be asked at interview.

Last edited:

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
XC's 170's don't go beyond Derby in the Leeds direction from Birmingham, as I understand it. XC HST's are largely based at Neville Hill so I would imagine you'd be signing those alongside the Voyagers

Although they might share their Depot time at Neville Hill, XC HSTs are actually based at Craigentinny.

Crossover

Established Member
Although they might share their Depot time at Neville Hill, XC HSTs are actually based at Craigentinny.

Wasn't aware of that or the impending move - however, for some time now, I think only one diagram stabled at Craigentinny at any time generally, with one occasionally outstabled at Laira and the majority ending their day at Neville Hill

R Trevithick

Actually applied for both Leeds and Manchester mate, as both locations good for me and my reasons for changing toc has nothing to do with location.

Not heard a dicky bird about either. If others have been shortlisted then looks like I have missed out.

Established Member
Actually applied for both Leeds and Manchester mate, as both locations good for me and my reasons for changing toc has nothing to do with location.

Not heard a dicky bird about either. If others have been shortlisted then looks like I have missed out.

The recruitment team has been really busy recently. They will get back to you.

mr double 77

I’ve just applied for the current position at XC for Newcastle, and noticed that I have a application ongoing from Leeds/Manchester saying shortlisted awaiting assessment, however I’ve never received a email from XC since applying on the 14/10/17, wondering if this position fell through, our has anyone else out there heard anything from this advert from last year ?? Didn’t receive a response saying thsnkyou your application has been received for this job advertisement either, is this the norm with XC as every other ATOC/Foc I’ve dealt with I’ve received at least a email....

class 9

All Driver vacancies at Leeds from last years recruitment have been filled, 3 started recently and 2 more to start in May

Status
Not open for further replies.