• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

XC rosters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Zerothebrake!

It depends on the depot - Derby had a hybrid link at one stage which was part 5 day/part 4 day but at my place they are separate and you have the option of going into one or the other.

Our 4 Day Link has 15 lines with either a Wed/Thu RD or a Fri to Tue long weekend.

The game changer for me was getting the 5 annual leave days back for your Spring, Summer & Winter leave weeks now which were forfeited.

RBSN

It depends on the depot - Derby had a hybrid link at one stage which was part 5 day/part 4 day but at my place they are separate and you have the option of going into one or the other.

Our 4 Day Link has 15 lines with either a Wed/Thu RD or a Fri to Tue long weekend.

The game changer for me was getting the 5 annual leave days back for your Spring, Summer & Winter leave weeks now which were forfeited.

I’m hoping to join XC Leeds as a qualified but I understand they don’t recruit very often

Matt34028

So you end up doing lots of 7 days on the bounce then?

I don’t quite understand how it can be called a 4 day roster?
Also what is the deal with the 5 days?

Zerothebrake!

Re the 4 Day:- You're getting two consecutive days off a week with a 5 day long weekend every third week in the rota - and those RDs are set in stone so you can plan well ahead.

In the 5 day there are 35 lines of work with every fifth week being 7 days off with a Sat to Mon 3 day mini weekend every seventh week and a single RD on all of the other lines.

You'd have to squirrel your way onto the LDC if wanted to have every weekend off..

Zerothebrake!

It depends on what suits..I'm not a fan of early starts but when I get them the most that i'll do is four ( I find it's the fifth one that pushes me over the edge! ) and you don't do two 7 day stints on the bounce as the 4 Day Rest Day pattern is Mon+Tue,
Wed+Thur, & Fri+Sat - which with the Sunday off aswell takes you back onto a Mon +Tue making the five day long weekend. Some prefer to have the whole week off in the 5 day rota - but then the 4 day link is twice the size of the 5 day at another depot in my region.

class 9

XC Leeds depot has 3 main links, 5 day, 4 day & hybrid(mixture of the 4 & 5) although they aren’t true 4 or 5 day links as sundays are outside the working week (which you have to do unless you can get someone to do it for you or resources can cover it, which these days is increasingly rare)
Not sure when the next qualified vacancy will arise as 8 qualified have started in the last 18 months or so.

class 9

Re the 4 Day:- You're getting two consecutive days off a week with a 5 day long weekend every third week in the rota - and those RDs are set in stone so you can plan well ahead.

In the 5 day there are 35 lines of work with every fifth week being 7 days off with a Sat to Mon 3 day mini weekend every seventh week and a single RD on all of the other lines.

You'd have to squirrel your way onto the LDC if wanted to have every weekend off..
LLC at Leeds are only released 1 day a week, which is a midweek day, then do their booked work weekends included.

Zerothebrake!

Unless there's a Sunday before ( our earliest one is a 06.38 start which I can live with) you only work four days in that week.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.