• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

XC Train Manager Interview

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aristo

Hi all,

I have an interview with XC coming up for a train manager position and was wondering if anyone who has been/is going through the process could offer some insight as to how to interview is structured and what sorts of questions they will ask.

Many thanks for your help.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DRS66421

Hi all,

I have an interview with XC coming up for a train manager position and was wondering if anyone who has been/is going through the process could offer some insight as to how to interview is structured and what sorts of questions they will ask.

Congratulations on getting the interview! I was just wondering if you have done any of the Psychometric tests? I'm in my late teens trying to get my foot in the door. Its a daily battle for me. My dream is to become a driver. Any help and advice for passing the tests would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks and I hope the interview goes well.

Aristo

Hi!

No I haven't done yet. The email stated that any appointment to the job would be subject to me passing a rules and ticketing test. I'm actaully rather fortunate in that my day job is that of a fireman and guard on a hertiage railway and I've found that the experince of working there has helped massively with developing the skills needed to move onto the mainline. Thanks for the kind words and best of luck to you!

DRS66421

Hi!

No I haven't done yet. The email stated that any appointment to the job would be subject to me passing a rules and ticketing test. I'm actaully rather fortunate in that my day job is that of a fireman and guard on a hertiage railway and I've found that the experince of working there has helped massively with developing the skills needed to move onto the mainline. Thanks for the kind words and best of luck to you!
Hello. I am hoping to be volunteering at a heritage railway myself after things get back to normal and when I do my PTS exam for the heritage railway. I am hoping that by volunteering at the heritage railway it will give me a better chance of getting my foot in the door and give me the experience I need. Many thanks.

donpoku

Search the forum there is bound to be someone ask a similar question.

Sashaben77

Hi have you had your interview yet? What base is it for ?
Hi all,

Status
Not open for further replies.