• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Y2018/130 Driver Hull Northern Rail

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoshT10

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum but been following the threads and conversations for a while, been finding the forum very interesting and informative!

I applied for the Y2018/130 trainee driver role at Hull with Northern Rail around 6 weeks ago. Has anyone else applied for this role and has anyone heard anything?

Cheers

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TheBadger

Applied for Newcastle at the same time. Heard nothing as yet. For now no news is good news.

Mrdb2593

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum but been following the threads and conversations for a while, been finding the forum very interesting and informative!

I applied for the Y2018/130 trainee driver role at Hull with Northern Rail around 6 weeks ago. Has anyone else applied for this role and has anyone heard anything?

Cheers
Hi, I applied for this too. I haven't had a reply regarding my application but I did get in touch with HR and they said they 'have not moved forward in the recruitment process for this role yet' and that I should have an update in a few weeks.

JoshT10

Applied for Newcastle at the same time. Heard nothing as yet. For now no news is good news.

Thats my view too haha!

Hi, I applied for this too. I haven't had a reply regarding my application but I did get in touch with HR and they said they 'have not moved forward in the recruitment process for this role yet' and that I should have an update in a few weeks.

I see, hopefully we will hear soon then. It would have been nice to have heard either way by now as I considered applying for the role at Sheffield that is currently being advertised. It will be very annoying if they decide to not proceed with recruiting for this role at Hull.

xtradj

I’ve also got an application for northern in one of the locations but I’ve heard on good authority last week that some of these locations will now not be needed whereas other locations will be taking more than they first thought on.

I guess it’s just luck of where you live and where you’ve applied!

Cyclist

I’ve also got an application for northern in one of the locations but I’ve heard on good authority last week that some of these locations will now not be needed whereas other locations will be taking more than they first thought on.

I guess it’s just luck of where you live and where you’ve applied!
Any ideas on the specific locations?

xtradj

Unfortunately not but the usual words of “change in the business needs” was given. It’s a shame as well that you can only apply for locations within 45minutes as for some reason Northern are unwilling to allow relocation for these positions.

If you’ve noticed however some people have heard back regarding positions which were advertised much later than other positions advertised earlier where people haven’t heard back. Seems as though the sift is focusing on the most needed locations first

Mrdb2593

I'm going to guess they are still intending to proceed with the Hull applications as there is an internal vacancy advertised for a driver instructor for Hull.

feaky4

Im glad to see this thread iv applied to the same position and was starting to worry about not hearing back, about a week before this role there was an internal driver job for hull so I hope its not a case of they already know who they want

JoshT10

I'm going to guess they are still intending to proceed with the Hull applications as there is an internal vacancy advertised for a driver instructor for Hull.

Well that's positive I suppose, hopefully there's a couple of vacancies instead of just the one!

feaky4

I have received an email today to say there not going to continue on with my app so I hope you have better luck

JoshT10

I have received an email today to say there not going to continue on with my app so I hope you have better luck

I had the same email too. Makes me wonder if they are actually continuing with recruiting for the job as it was questioned above, would appreciate anyone posting on here if they have got through to assessments/interview. Rail recruitment is so frustrating especially when I pretty much used the same details/application that has got me through the sift for other trainee driver jobs and currently a talent pool

feaky4

I had the same email too. Makes me wonder if they are actually continuing with recruiting for the job

I really think they already know who they want as about a week before this job appeared there was an internal job going, its the only separate internal driver job I have noticed this last few months, in the email it said "There were other candidates who were able to demonstrate skills and experience that better matched the requirements of the role." im pretty confident of my application and I made sure to mention and compare the skills a train driver needs, maybe I need to rethink it

Evolution

I applied to Manchester and still haven't heard back from them, upon contacting HR they stated they're still working their way through applications. NR seems massively disjointed and the recruitment department is a joke to say the least. Why continue to advertise different roles when they can't even get through 2-3 month old job applications.

The problem is they get away with it due to the massive demand for the roles, if this was any other industry that wasn't massively oversubscribed they wouldn't be able to get away with their archaic ways.

xtradj

Perhaps they didn’t get enough applications?

However it would be worth checking if they have simply wiped previous applications and are starting again? Seems a bit of a mess!

Fred Dinenage

Is it worth applying again??? any hints and tips??
Perhaps they didn’t get enough applications?

However it would be worth checking if they have simply wiped previous applications and are starting again? Seems a bit of a mess!

You can’t get the job if you don’t apply again....

Not enough applications? Seriously?

Railway recruitment is both fickle and cruel to anyone other than the TOC recruitment department.

Go through your previous application and see if you can improve upon it in any way. Not that you’ll have done a bad job first time around, but anyone who’s applying again will be doing the same.

feaky4

Go through your previous application and see if you can improve upon it in any way. Not that you’ll have done a bad job first time around, but anyone who’s applying again will be doing the same.

I have applied again iv read through my last application and changed a couple bits not much but im confident with it so just fingers crossed and hope for the best iv noticed on the site that the external app finishes before the internal

Status
Not open for further replies.