• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Y2018/384 Driver Leeds - Northern Rail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dacourt4

I’m in same boat. Applied at start of may. Didn’t have to do the online test as I’d done them the week before for an LPO position and passed those. Received 2 rejection emails this morning 1 for the LPO and 1 for a dispatch position that I only applied for 2 days ago.

Hoping that’s a good sign. But time will tell I guess. Good luck to everyone else still waiting to hear.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Monkey Bob

Just had the following response from Northern, lloks like they haven't started on this one yet:

Dear e-mail ,

Thank you for getting in touch with the HR Contact Centre. We have reviewed your query and can confirm the following solution:

Thanks for your email

There is no update at the moment for this role. As soon as we have an update we will notify you either way. There has been a lot of applicants so this will take a long period of time.

Thanks for your patience.

Many Thanks

The HR Contact Centre Team​

Gray2287

Interview yesterday, went well and got a success email this morning, off to psychometric tests at the end of the month

Glynh

Interview yesterday, went well and got a success email this morning, off to psychometric tests at the end of the month

Well done mate. I had my interview last week and got a no the day after. However, I did ask for feedback, which HR have promptly provided thankfully. I didn't provide enough detail in two responses.

Hope your psychometric tests go well.

Gray2287

Well done mate. I had my interview last week and got a no the day after. However, I did ask for feedback, which HR have promptly provided thankfully. I didn't provide enough detail in two responses.

Hope your psychometric tests go well.

thanks mate, keep at it and re-apply when it comes round again, the interviewers spoke at the end of my interview about how they are going to be recruiting quite a lot in the near future due to a driver shortage for the extra services they are going to be providing.

Indy3995

Hi All, newbie here.
I contacted HR the other day to try get my application updated. Since applying back in May like the rest of you, I've been to GWR and passed the stage 1 assessments so wanted Northern to be aware of this. (Maybe save them some time and money with my application.)
Anyway, they weren't interested and said they couldn't amend any application info.
I asked for a rough idea of timescales as I've heard nothing since application was sent and she just said it could be months due to the numbers they have.
Good to hear some of you are moving forward on your applications so they must be doing it in batches whilst sifting.
Good luck all

whistler2018

Congrats to those who have had their interview and passed... to those who have a 'no' keep on plugging away. I'm still waiting to hear about my application...

At this point I'm not sure I understand their process with this recruitment and to be honest I'm a bit frustrated. I thought it was standard practice to go through all the applications before shortlisting for interviews (I'm lead to believe the TOC I work for does this and has a 'scoring' system to rank who progresses to interview first if they have too many candidates that meet the minimum benchmark) but I'm assuming that Northern are just processing as many as they need currently and if yours meets the benchmark you proceed to interview.

What puzzles me about that is that is how they decide which applications to process first and what they do if someone's application is 'better' further down the line than someone they've already employed?

I'm just starting to feel something's a bit off about how this works and also frustrated that there's other Northern jobs available that I apparently can't apply for if I have a currently active application. I understand they're busy but, as I said previously, I have a friend who got a no within 2 weeks and we applied at pretty much the same time but I would have expected them to have got through the applications before proceeding to interview stage. Anyway, the wait continues and this grumble is over... if anyone can shed any light on the process I'd love to know a bit more?

Good luck to all those still waiting!

Mark638

Hi guys,

Just got a mail from them asking me for a interview so maybe they are still going through them?

Mark638

Hi Guys,

Interview yesterday,got the good news today ive got to assesments next week

SamP819

Is there anybody who still hasn't heard back from Northern, either way on this post? I'm still waiting for some kind of reply despite it being over 2 months now!

Cheers

CapriSpeed

Is there anybody who still hasn't heard back from Northern, either way on this post? I'm still waiting for some kind of reply despite it being over 2 months now!

Cheers
Applied for Leeds in May and no response yet.

whistler2018

I've heard nothing other than a generic sounding reply to an email I sent a couple of weeks ago. 'Volume of applications, still working through them etc...'

I'm now just concerned they'll fill as many vacancies as they need to and we'll all get a 'thanks but no thanks' email after months of waiting.

RBSN

One of the latest driver courses is now on week 14 so that group don’t have that much left of their academy course. So once they have passed the Assessment and Varification exam they will then be on to the maps course/Modual B freeing up space at the Driver academy.

Plimft

Got the email on Wednesday inviting me to an interview next week. Apparently next Wednesday and Thursday are the last dates available for interviews... does anyone know when the assessments would be after these last interviews?

whistler2018

Got the email on Wednesday inviting me to an interview next week. Apparently next Wednesday and Thursday are the last dates available for interviews... does anyone know when the assessments would be after these last interviews?

Sorry, just for clarification, I haven’t heard anything at all so could you elaborate on how you know these are the last interview dates?

I would’ve expected a ‘no’ email if that is true. Although, having had a job offer from another TOC that was then pulled after a year of false promises, as I get further down the route into driver recruitment it wouldn’t surprise me if I never hear back!

Monkey Bob

I emailed HR this morning and got this reply;

Unfortunately we have still not fully moved forward in the recruitment process for this role yet. We should have an update in the next few weeks.

Cyclist

I emailed HR this morning and got this reply;

Unfortunately we have still not fully moved forward in the recruitment process for this role yet. We should have an update in the next few weeks.
I got the same copy/paste about Newcastle last week

Plimft

Hi Whistler. I emailed HR to try and change the interview date and was told that these were the last interview dates available. Seems from the number of people still waiting though that this might not be the case? I’m sure you’ll hear soon enough.

Monkey Bob

Is anybody else still waiting to hear back about this position. It's over 4 months now and not had anything from Northern.

Is anybody else still waiting to hear back about this position. It's over 4 months now and not had anything from Northern.

Yep, not a sausage

I wouldn't be entirely surprised to receive an email saying that the position has been withdrawn

mjn

I've not heard back yet...

However, I only got invited to online tests last week for another role I applied for in january so there's still hope!

Just had the standard 'thanks but no thanks' email, although to be honest its been so long I'd forgotten about it!

Monkey Bob

Just had the same myself :'(. Not too surprised though, will just have to try again next time they advertise.

Status
Not open for further replies.