• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

year 10 work experience July 2024

KyleClarke

hi there im a year 10 student looking for work experience on the railway. im just struggling to find placements on the railway but i do not know who to contact who will give me a high chance of a placement. i have 2 months before my deadline. if any of you can help and send me contacts please put them in the contacts or if any of you can try and find me a place that would mean a lot.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Grvrdvicdr

Best bet tweet your local companies and ask for a contact email. Or pop down to your nearest larger station and see if you can have a chat with the manager

SuperLuke2334

Established Member
hi there im a year 10 student looking for work experience on the railway. im just struggling to find placements on the railway but i do not know who to contact who will give me a high chance of a placement. i have 2 months before my deadline. if any of you can help and send me contacts please put them in the contacts or if any of you can try and find me a place that would mean a lot.
Hi, a good starting point would be to have a look on the company websites. Although not relevant to your location, TfW have a 'Work Experience and Placements' section under their careers area. Have a look in the careers area on your local TOC websites and that may be a good start. However I must point out many railway work experience placements may have a minimum age of 16.

Best of luck in trying to get a placement.