• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

York based Transpennine Express Gaurds.

Hello there,

I hope everyone is well today?

I have noticed a vacancy for trainee guards for TPE at their York crew depot. As always I have a few questions which I think the fellow members maybe able to help with. I know that TPE run services to Manchester airport 24/7 however, how does that work regarding staffing? Do they have a separate link for specific routes/services/days & nights? Is a rota system in that you work night services every so often? Anything else that maybe useful would be extremely helpful. Many thanks.

Kind regards.

QS.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bunglejim

TPE guards at York sign from Newcastle/Redcar/Scarborough through to Liverpool and Manchester Airport. They sign all the TPE North diversions, Calder Valley, Leeds to Hudds via Normanton and Leeds to York via Castleford. They sign both 185 and 802 traction.

That work is spread across two links equally. Both links cover 24/7. Whilst booking off after 2 am takes some getting used to, you do get a good mix of work be it express/stopper or coast to coast.

TPE guards at York sign from Newcastle/Redcar/Scarborough through to Liverpool and Manchester Airport. They sign all the TPE North diversions, Calder Valley, Leeds to Hudds via Normanton and Leeds to York via Castleford. They sign both 185 and 802 traction.

That work is spread across two links equally. Both links cover 24/7. Whilst booking off after 2 am takes some getting used to, you do get a good mix of work be it express/stopper or coast to coast.
Should of course say Saltburn not Redcar! Too many hours spent sat in Redcar loop..

Last edited: