• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

York Gr Shed

Status
Not open for further replies.

nmbenson

I took a video today of Mobile Maintenance unit DR97804 en route from YorkGr Shed to Retford sidings.
Could anyone enlighten me as to what / exactly where York Gr Shed is please? I’ve tried google and both my track plan books.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DoubleO

I suspect it will be the old Holgate Carriageworks, that's now used by NR as a maintenance depot.

lineclear

The GR shed is the wagon repair depot. It's a big building with a faded Freightliner logo near the roof at one end. I suspect 'GR' stands for 'general repair'.

DoubleO

Everyday's a school day! I didn't think the wagon shed was still used for any maintenance!

66Yorks

Thrall Europa (ex BREL) is the Network Rail facility where all the RHTT (rail head treatment trains) fleet are serviced.

greyman42

Established Member
The GR shed used to be part of BREL and was referred to as the Wagon Works.

class 9

64552775-63DB-4ECB-B917-EAD2F89046B2.jpegWhen Freightliner used it until recently, inside there was still the vacuum brake test points!

Poor photo, but this is back from 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.