• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Your best suggestions, please. PHOTOS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

subway156

I have recently asked for sources of photos that I can share on my facebook subway page. Flickr accounts were suggested and they have some very fine images. But, I cannot use them as too few are allowed by their owner's arrangement with the host site. So, rather than go through joining Flickr, which I find sort of like a momopoloy, I am asking if anyone knows of fan-generated or any other websites that support photo sharing. Or perhaps other sources you are aware of would do. Your museum is strict about NOT sharing. On this side of the Atlantic, we are under-served with information of you rolling stock from before World War II. You see, I am sort of a fanatic about subway cars. Railroads are also very cool, but my first love and admiration is with underground and their over ground counterparts. In Manhattan, there used to be 4 elevated trains, which were the first heavy railways in New York. They soon expanded after their first 10 years of operation. I was born a block away from 1 of them, and rode them as a child with my family. I also rode into my early teens and love the system expilitly. Much the same as many people in your country, it is a source of railway pride. I hope someone can come up with a suggestion or two. Laslty, I would like to post a photo here once in a while and find that my limited computer skills hinder me. The prompt for a URL mystifies me. I don't understand why I cannot use photos I have and upload them onto this location. Now don't laugh too hard at me, I am a young senior citizen with time on my hand and an eagerness to learn. Thank you very much.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mutant Lemming

Established Member
I have recently asked for sources of photos that I can share on my facebook subway page. Flickr accounts were suggested and they have some very fine images. But, I cannot use them as too few are allowed by their owner's arrangement with the host site. So, rather than go through joining Flickr, which I find sort of like a momopoloy, I am asking if anyone knows of fan-generated or any other websites that support photo sharing. Or perhaps other sources you are aware of would do. Your museum is strict about NOT sharing. On this side of the Atlantic, we are under-served with information of you rolling stock from before World War II. You see, I am sort of a fanatic about subway cars. Railroads are also very cool, but my first love and admiration is with underground and their over ground counterparts. In Manhattan, there used to be 4 elevated trains, which were the first heavy railways in New York. They soon expanded after their first 10 years of operation. I was born a block away from 1 of them, and rode them as a child with my family. I also rode into my early teens and love the system expilitly. Much the same as many people in your country, it is a source of railway pride. I hope someone can come up with a suggestion or two. Laslty, I would like to post a photo here once in a while and find that my limited computer skills hinder me. The prompt for a URL mystifies me. I don't understand why I cannot use photos I have and upload them onto this location. Now don't laugh too hard at me, I am a young senior citizen with time on my hand and an eagerness to learn. Thank you very much.

http://www.train-photos.net/

http://www.train-photos.com/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.