• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Your most enjoyable train ride recently?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hooverboy

On Moderation
Class 37 loco hauled from Norwich to Gt Yarmouth. The accelleration on those services are something I'll never forget. The slam doors and drop down windows just made the experience even better. Definitely my favourite journey, along with the beautiful scenery and the well kept stations.
I might have been on the same one!

the sound from the 37's is just awesome,and the fresh country air mixed with clag is a smell to behold!
undecided on whether i prefer the roar of the 37's of the wheeze of 47 turbo's kicking in....they had top and tail of them last year.

norwich to gt yarmouth is a very pretty line!..totally agree about the fantastic station presentation, it's like going back 40 years.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

hooverboy

On Moderation
Another vote for Norwich-Great Yarmouth with tnt large logo 37s.

Also, sitting directly behind the driver with a view out of the cab of a 101 on a beautiful sunny day at the North Norfolk Railway.
oh the olden days!. front seat of a gen 1 dmu with the blinds up.
if you got a really friendly driver they would let you sit in the cab with them!

HOOVER29

A recent ride on the SVR behind 50035 Ark Royal.

Because I was driving it on a driver experience day.

james60059

18th June for me.

43015 + 43018 on 1W01 10:22 London Paddington - Hereford (I got on at Oxford). It was my first trip along the Cotswold Line, and was part of my 3-in-7 Heart of England Rover. Scenery was fabulous, and the train wasn't that busy either, although a good lot got off at Oxford before I boarded.

Got another HST bash tomorrow to Pembroke 8-)

Kite159

Veteran Member
18th June for me.

43015 + 43018 on 1W01 10:22 London Paddington - Hereford (I got on at Oxford). It was my first trip along the Cotswold Line, and was part of my 3-in-7 Heart of England Rover. Scenery was fabulous, and the train wasn't that busy either, although a good lot got off at Oxford before I boarded.

Got another HST bash tomorrow to Pembroke 8-)

Making use of some low priced advance first tickets from Bristol? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.