• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Your Photoshopped/paint liveries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burkitt

Image by Paul Burkitt-Gray, based on a photo by Oxyman, published under Creative Commons Attribution Share Alike License.

Rather than scrap the recently refurbished D78 stock in 2015, when it could have another decade and a half of life in it, why not send it to Southern? They could provide ten car trains on South London metro services and allow the 377s to be used on longer distance services.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Burkitt - wasn't aware that you were a member of this forum, having seen some of your excellent work on the RMweb forums. I sent you a question regarding photoshopping via Fotopic the other day, did you happen to receive it at all? Thanks, Ben.

Adamw5433

Burkitt You really need to tell us how you do this.

Me too, i have photoshop CS5. ( legal version, odd christmas prezzy )
I used to have PS7 and got fairly good at resinning simulator stuff.
Then never used PS for ages.

Everything in PS has changed and my reskins / photoshopped pics never come out how i intend.

Advice to all forum members interested, would be gratefully accepted

Adam

----old post above----

----new post below----

So i tried PSP again, not the best results.
Perhaps Burkitt, can explain how to change the colours completely without loosing the reflections, textures ect...

At the moment the best i have done is to change the colour.
I end up still having origial logos in place, ect... but only having changed thier colour. Not sure how to remove the logos without destroying background reflections ect...

This is what i've got so far, no EC branding :(
15s8k6.jpg

Tips?

Adam

Last edited:

deltic1989

Established Member
I've been having a mess around with paint and GIMP and come up with these 2. The templates arent mine bit the liveries are my own work, i'm not all that good on paint and GIMP at the moment so please be gentle.

The EMT livery has been put on a template of what is supposed to be a 91, but you get the idea.

And the following is a 'what if' Virgin decided to become an FOC, or have a bit of a change in thier t-bird fleet.

Attachments

• Virgin 66 .gif
    Virgin 66 .gif
    22.9 KB · Views: 30
  • 91 EMT.png
    91 EMT.png
    22.7 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.