• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Your preferred railway seat type

Preference

• Hard seats, e.g. Grammer IC3000 (GWR HST), Grammer E3000 (Desiro), ironing board etc

Votes: 58 36.7%
  • Bouncy sprung seats, e.g. Mk1 stock, IC70 etc

Votes: 100 63.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

thetangoman

303's in the Glasgow area had wonderful bouncy seats. I remember as a kid looking out the front window bouncing along very happily

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

xotGD

Established Member
158's and 156's but they will become Ironing Boards.
And there I was enjoying the comfort of my seat on a northern 158 yesterday evening. Infinitely* better than the seats on the 333s.

*Slight exageration!

brel york

We rarely changed the spring units but the hessian and horse hair was changed at every retrim , this obviously in br days when maintenance was done at proper intervals

Mag_seven

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
As a youngster I used to like the early Mk2s as you could lift up and look under the sea cushions to see if any coins had dropped out of peoples pockets, and they often had! A nice supplementary pocket money source.

This - all debate should now end on this topic. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.