• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

YouTube question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

westcoaster

Established Member
I have a question about YouTube.

When watching videos on the mobile app, is it possible to make the app download the whole video?

As there is nothing worse than it downloading a few minutes then losing signal (causing buffering).

Is there a way to make it download the whole video or more of it whilst you have good reception.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

D365

Veteran Member
Obviously it’s possible using a PC, or an unofficial app on Android. But your mileage will vary.

najaB

Veteran Member
When watching videos on the mobile app, is it possible to make the app download the whole video?
YouTube premium allows download. I got it it get rid of ads, plus they killed Play Music and replaced it with YouTube Music which is included.

There are a few apps that claim to be able to do it but the reviews aren't good.

westcoaster

Established Member
Thank you for the replies.

I'm 100% sure you used to be able to do it, maybe they disabled it the force you to premium.

_toommm_

Established Member
If you’re a student, Youtube Premium is £6.99 IIRC. It’s definitely worth it for the ad-free experience on phone.

najaB

Veteran Member
If you’re a student, Youtube Premium is £6.99 IIRC. It’s definitely worth it for the ad-free experience on phone.
Even if you're not a student, YouTube Premium and YouTube Music is £11.99 a month. Again, worth it for the ad-free experience (which applies in the app, cast to TV and on PC), background play on supported phones and the YouTube Music catalogue is pretty decent as well.

Lewlew

If you have a VPN then you can sign up to YT premium in Argentina, using a fake Argentinian address. It costs 119 ARS a month which equals 89p.

You don't need to need to use the VPN to watch and everything is in English and like the normal YouTube that you're used to.

prod_pep

Established Member
This won't help the OP, but I've used WinX YouTube Downloader (for PC) to save YouTube videos and that worked well.

Personally, I wouldn't dream of paying for YouTube Premium when Adblock does the trick so effectively. It's different for mobile users, naturally.

Status
Not open for further replies.