• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

YU SOP LSE TO ENGLAND (E of NTA)

Status
Not open for further replies.
BRfares shows "YU SOP LSE TO ENGLAND (E of NTA)" as the restriction for a Paddington-Bristol Temple Meads SSR.

The YU bit is fine. But the rest has me stumped.

Is the rest of the text some sort of abbreviation explanation of YU, which I can therefore ignore?

Or is it an additional restriction that I ought to check? If so, how?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Class800

Established Member
NTA is Newton Abbot - so it's talking about something East of Newton Abbot. But I can't work out the rest

alistairlees

Established Member
BRfares shows "YU SOP LSE TO ENGLAND (E of NTA)" as the restriction for a Paddington-Bristol Temple Meads SSR.

Is the rest of the text some sort of abbreviation explanation of YU, which I can therefore ignore?

It's just pricing manager shorthand for groups of fares / restrictions. It's not intended for public consumption, might be out of date, and you can ignore it

Haywain

Veteran Member

It is something you can completely ignore. It's just a note for pricing managers to use internally as a quick reference. SOP = Super Off Peak, LSE = London and south east, to England (E of NTA) = to stations in England east of Newton Abbot. It's not put there for public consumption and BRFares is not an official source of information.

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
Super Offpeak From the Network area (LSE for London and South East) to the area east of NTA Newton Abbot. There was a very similar question a few weeks ago:
there was a suggestion it wasn’t supposed to be public facing information.

Tetchytyke

Veteran Member
It appears to be an explanatory note that the restriction is for tickets originating in the London area (Network Railcard area, I presume, LSE usually means this) with a destination east of Newton Abbott. Presumably different restrictions apply for Plymouth and Cornwall.

I'm going to guess it isn't meant to be public facing.

kieron

Established Member
You may be able to tell that it's not only used for journeys to or from south-east England from the way that the restriction (detailed here) includes time restrictions to and from Birmingham New Street, where many other restriction do no more than refer people to 2V.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator

Just ignore it. If you want to check if the ticket is valid on any given itinerary you can simply put the journey into a journey planner (if using Trainsplit, turn splits off as otherwise it may come up with a cheaper combination)

Status
Not open for further replies.