• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Zebra Crossing strangeness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giugiaro

Good Afternoon everyone!

Does anyone now why are so many people gathering at a specific zebra crossing in London, almost crossing it right in front of cars and buses and time to time taking photos while crossing on it?

I heard that in Brazil children and teens try to bullfight cars on the road and some accidents already happened because of this "sport". Just hope this isn't the same thing going around in the streets of London!

Cheers

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Giugiaro

That's exactly it! Now I understand why so much fuss to take photos on the zebra crossing.

Some people took risks to pose on the crossing, that's why I didn't link the album to the place when I saw it.

It's like when they try to pass through the walls on King's Cross to get to Platform 9 3/4, though this last one is even weirder for those who aren't aware of the meaning of "the wall" for HP fans. :D

ATW Alex 101

Established Member
Hasn't abbey road got gates on each side to prevent people from taking pictures? Google SV suggests so but don't know how old the imagery is

Bungle73

On Moderation
It's not even the same crossing as on the album cover, it's been moved.

Lampshade

Established Member
It's like when they try to pass through the walls on King's Cross to get to Platform 9 3/4, though this last one is even weirder for those who aren't aware of the meaning of "the wall" for HP fans. :D

It's not even the right wall, the plaque is between 8 and 9 and the actual filming took place on 4 and 5 :lol:

Giugiaro

The plaque is between 8 and 9 and the actual filming took place on 4 and 5 :lol:

It's a way to fool Muggles, making them go against a rigid thick wall when the secret passage is actually between platforms 4 and 5.

BTW, who was the one that placed that sign on the Wall? Warner Bros., National Rail or someone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.