• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Zone 6 stations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennis

Established Member
Myself and the Jim Meister are planning a little station bashing on Monday 23rd October following abandonment of his Valleys challenge. Whilst researching some of the places to be visited, I came across this...http://www.quinparker.com/zone6/index.php

Not fully comprehensive but interesting and amusing anyway; like this about Chessington South..

If you want to severely depress your children, or at least manage their expectations on their way to a theme park, take them on the train to Chessington World of Adventures. This profoundly dilapidated terminus is the nearest stop, where "nearest" means "twenty minute walk along a relentlessly busy road".

The station, a sorry, peeling, greeny-gray elongated stone shelter, only has one working platform. On the other side, there's an identical shelter and platform but there's no evidence there ever was any access there -- there's not even a broken footbridge. The unused platform is covered in weeds, poo and rubble, and is curiously dotted with blue train seat cushions tossed out of the windows of the train. A couple of seat cushions seem to have made it onto the line itself, where they have become welded to the rail.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Nick W

Established Member
If you want to severely depress your children, or at least manage their expectations on their way to a theme park, take them on the train to Chessington World of Adventures. This profoundly dilapidated terminus is the nearest stop, where "nearest" means "twenty minute walk along a relentlessly busy road".

My sister walked into a lamp post on route when she was younger.

Status
Not open for further replies.