• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Zone U1* fares and OSI (Out of Station Interchange)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brucey

Does anyone know the official policy on out of station interchanges with Zone U* tickets on the London Underground (background: these tickets are add-ons for National Rail tickets giving a single or return journey on the underground or DLR).

I made a journey from Aldgate East to Waterloo, leaving the District Line at Cannon Street and joining the Waterloo & City Line at Bank. This is a permitted OSI on Oyster. Barriers at Bank rejected my ticket with code 51 (ticket already used). Staff let me through the barriers manually.

Would be nice to know whether OSIs on these tickets are permitted. Otherwise I'll switch back to Oyster (which costs 85p per day extra, so about £150 per year).

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Paul Kelly

Verified Rep - BR Fares
There is a separate list somewhere of OSIs for paper tickets. I seem to remember it being slightly shorter than the list of Oyster OSIs.

Edit: it is here: https://tfl.gov.uk/cdn/static/cms/documents/out-of-station-interchanges.xlsx

Cannon Street to Bank is specifically listed as "Magnetic & PAYG", so the staff were correct to let you through. Surprising that the gates weren't properly programmed, though.

Brucey

Cannon Street to Bank is specifically listed as "Magnetic & PAYG", so the staff were correct to let you through. Surprising that the gates weren't properly programmed, though.
Thank you for the link, that's really helpful.

The list only includes Cannon Street NR to Bank as "Magnetic & PAYG". I came out of the LU station at Cannon Street, which is listed as "PAYG only".

Interchanging between Monument and Bank takes too long during rush hour, so I may try changing at Embankment instead (no gateline to pass through).

I wonder why there's such a discrepancy between the two lists? It all seems a bit random as to what's allowed on magnetic tickets.

Status
Not open for further replies.