• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Zones 7 to 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

wimbledonpete

Hi

A question on zones 7-9 which have expanded around different parts of outer London recently. I have a Walmer to Zones 1-6 annual - originally there were only these 6 zones to essentially this got you travel throughout the zonal areas. And then the top end of the Met line was brought in, resulting in new special zones with special fares.

Does this special status still apply - ie are zones 7-9 excluded from this supposed "all zones" validity? There don't appear to be any zones 1-9 fares on the season ticket calculator so I wasn't sure if this was a case of terminology not being updated to take into account the new areas. Obviously my ticket is valid to SOME stations in those zones (eg St Mary Cray and Dartford) by reason of the routings.

Not that I'm particularly planning to visit Amersham or anywhere - just idle curiosity.

Thanks!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MikeWh

Established Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Travelcards including zones 7-9 are not usually issued as outboundary versions. If they are then the route includes "AAA Zones 7 to 9". I think you can get them from Watford Junction (and other stations within zones 7-9), but I'm not personally aware of any others. Outboundary travelcards to zones 1-6 are only valid as a travelcard in those zones. Stations like Dartford would not be valid for unlimited journeys as the travelcard element isn't valid there.

Status
Not open for further replies.