Zugspitzbahn.

Discussion in 'International Transport' started by reb0118, 14 Apr 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reb0118

reb0118 Established Member Fares Advisor

Hi,

There are four of us heading to München this August. Three railstaff with FIP Coupons and one public rate. We quite fancy a trip on the Zugspitzbahn with possibly a wee trip one way on the cablecar (Eibsee Seilbahn).

Any idea on the price for this? I take it there's no FIP discount but would a Bayern Länder Ticket offer any savings?

I see there is also a annual "Wankpass" available!! :p

2. eastwestdivide

eastwestdivide Established Member

The Bayern-Ticket availability (Geltungsbereich) PDF that I downloaded last week says the ticket is only valid from Garmisch as far as Grainau on the Zugspitzbahn:
    Their prices page at http://zugspitze.de/en/summer/preise/zugspitze doesn't show any part-distance fares.
    Seems to be cheaper (http://zugspitze.de/en/summer/preise/****) to get your jollies on "that other mountain", but of course you won't be as high.

Edit: the nanny filter has filtered out a critical part of the last URL that I pasted.

Last edited: 14 Apr 2015
  3. davetheguard

davetheguard Member

There used to have a link from the DB UK website to a ATOC document that said that FIP card holders are granted a reduction on the Zugspitzbahn.

A hangover from the days when it was an OBB-operated line, I suppose.

Please ignore my post on this: I'm muddling up the Zugspitzbahn (Germany) with the Schneebergbahn (Austria, south of Vienna). Both rack railways up mountains, both very scenic and worth a ride. I'll give trying to defend my faux pas and leave the room...

Last edited: 16 Apr 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.