• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

2018 Spring Bank holiday - any engineering works on WCML?

Status
Not open for further replies.

philjo

Established Member
I'm planning a trip to the Lakes for the last week of May - Spring Bank holiday week. Does anyone know if any days are affected by engineering works on the WCML? several of the bank holidays last year had work in the Oxenholme area so want to try to avoid those days or travel to Grange instead.
the likely travel days would be arriving on either Saturday 26th, sun 27th or Monday 28th May.
Thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

mcmad

There's certainly works at the Glasgow end but don't know (and you don't say) where you're travelling from so not sure if that will affect you.

philjo

Established Member
thanks. I'll be travelling from Hertfordshire so would normally go via Kings cross then walk to Euston.
I sometimes go from Stevenage to Leeds & across to Preston or Lancaster if WCML is affected by engineering works.

Status
Not open for further replies.