• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

a question of delay repay or not...

Status
Not open for further replies.

exbrel

a question on behalf of g.daughter, (as i'm lost with all different tickets etc,) she was due to travel from Stoke on Trent to Peterborough via Nuneaton on tuesday 24/10, on the return ticket of an advanced return, the 1110 Stoke to Euston was canx, so she asked in the t/office and they said use the 1210 to Euston change at Nuneaton, so she did, arriving into Peterborough at 1409. Instead of the original time of 1312, so shes asking if its worth claiming delay repay, also she booked on TrainLine so if she did would the claim be Trainline or Avanti?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

skyhigh

Established Member
the 1110 Stoke to Euston was canx, so she asked in the t/office and they said use the 1210 to Euston change at Nuneaton, so she did, arriving into Peterborough at 1409. Instead of the original time of 1312, so shes asking if its worth claiming delay repay, also she booked on TrainLine so if she did would the claim be Trainline or Avanti?
Yes you can claim Delay Repay, and in this case it should be claimed from Avanti.

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
Surely the original arrival time into Peterborough, had the original itinerary happened as scheduled, would have been 1307.

So, seems to me, a one hour delay, claimable from Avanti, based on the total cost of whatever ticket or tickets were used in combination to travel from Stoke-on-Trent to Peterborough.

Minimum connection time was allowed for at Nuneaton, so it was a valid connection had the booked 1110 train from Stoke-on-Trent actually run.

exbrel

just a update, she told me they refused her claim as she had a anytime return ticket...

fandroid

Established Member
As she booked online she should have a record of the actual train times she originally booked for. If Avanti are really saying that an Anytime ticket means that she could have waited all day and still not be due Delay Repay, they really are taking the Mickey.

exbrel

I don't understand what you mean. Could you send a copy of exactly what was said in Avanti's rejection?
sorry for late reply g'daughters away for a few days, she said they said it was because it was a open return, and she claimed thru Trainline because thats who she bought the ticket with...

skyhigh

Established Member
sorry for late reply g'daughters away for a few days, she said they said it was because it was a open return, and she claimed thru Trainline because thats who she bought the ticket with...
You can't claim Delay Repay through Trainline. They don't have anything to do with it, though they do process refunds (which are a different thing) if the ticket is unused.

As I said in post 2, she needs to claim Delay Repay from Avanti.

Trainline have nothing to do with this issue so all correspondence should be with Avanti.

exbrel

she's sent me a photo of her ticket it says Off-Peak Return, any permitted route, SOT - PBO with a 16-25 rail card... also when she found the 1110 Avanti had been canx. she asked at the t/o and they gave her a printed info ticket dated Tue 24 Oct 2023 1100. showing 1210 SOT to 1407 PBO.

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
Is any Delay Repay claim possibly out of time now? Journey date was 24OCT2023 according to post #1.

hexagon789

Veteran Member
Is any Delay Repay claim out of time now? Journey date was 24OCT.
Well, the 24th October would be 30 days ago and Avanti do state a 28 day limit for a claim. It might still be worth pursuing, it'll probably be auto rejected, but an appeal with an explanation of confusion as to the Delay Repay process might see a goodwill gesture of compensation? Can't hurt anyway surely.

Class800

Established Member
I thought it was 28 days for first submission of claim. So it was submitted in time but not to correct place initially. I've had a couple that got transferred

MrJeeves

Established Member
I thought it was 28 days for first submission of claim. So it was submitted in time but not to correct place initially. I've had a couple that got transferred
If it was submitted to a TOC (i.e., a member of the delay repay scheme), sure, but if you submit it to a retailer instead you can't really expect a TOC to honour it.

I'd like to think Avanti will still honour it, but it would potentially have to be submitted via customer services and sent by cheque instead.

skyhigh

Established Member
If you submit a Delay Repay claim to the incorrect operator and it gets transferred, yes.

Seeing as Trainline don't operate a Delay Repay scheme I don't see how there can be a claim to pass on?

I would double check with her exactly what she has done with trainline, if she has claimed a refund from them and recieved it but has travelled and been delayed etc and not purchased a new ticket, that could cause issues for her

Status
Not open for further replies.