• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Advice waiting in Talent Pools

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belief22

Hi I was wondering if could advice me what my options are. I am currently in a talent pool for an train operator to become a train driver. However I may need to move away from where the depot is and where the company operates. Could I ask the operator to put me into a talent pool for their sister company/franchise as train driver?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Sly Sloth

How far are you moving away? It’s unusual for a TOC to transfer you into the talent pool of another but has happened recently between Sn and TL at Brighton depot! if you could commute it’d be better for you just in case they say no and remove you from the pool altogether! There’s so many people wanting to be train drivers that they can easily replace you at this stage I’m afraid so don’t be too rash in what you say to them

Horizon22

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
If it was the same TOC, maybe.

If it's the same parent company/franchise that's much more unlikely unfortunately - they may have totally different driver requirements and establishment levels and different recruitment rules. Not to mention "franchises" don't really exist much anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.