• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Amsterdam - Dresden sleeper

stuartmoss

Hi All, I’m booking a single cabin / room for this later this week, any tips or advice? Do you get to pick your location on the train? Cheers.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mike395

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Assuming you're travelling with European Sleeper - there's only one sleeper car (usually at the front of the consist eastbound, though not always), which is rather old but has a certain amount of charm to it! Rooms are allocated, you can't choose a specific one.

My main advice is that if you want power, bring a reasonably lengthy extension cord. The only power socket in the room is in the vanity unit above the sink. Other than that - my journey back in January was perfectly comfortable, and in fact I slept better than I did on the CD sleeper service a few nights prior!

stuartmoss

Thanks Mike, your response is appreciated. Extension chord noted!

Hi Mike,

I've made the booking and got my carriage, compartment number and bed number. I've booked as a single room as I don't want to share...are the rooms secure / lockable? As in can I leave my things in the room and go and stretch my legs or use the restaurant car (if there is one) without worrying about leaving valuables in there?

Cheers

Last edited:

SeanG

I believe that they are currently crowdfunding for a restaurant car

This video may be useful for you:

stuartmoss

Brilliant, thanks for that, I’ve watched it all!
No restaurant car but you can buy food and drink from the sleeping car attendent .
Thanks, I might take a couple of beers with me in that case.

I believe that they are currently crowdfunding for a restaurant car

This video may be useful for you:
Thanks for that, it was brilliant, can’t wait now!