• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Are fine consequences too overkill?

6Gman

Established Member
Sure, perhaps then records of railcards should be able to be pulled up by revenue, if such a situation occurs. A quick check of ID and if it comes up on the system with a face check then its clear.
This might work on a Euston-Glasgow (first stop Warrington) but is the guard on a Crewe-Manchester stopper, picking up passengers eovery few minutes and with station
Those are the choices that the railway has made: to not have barriers, and to not thoroughly check each ticket - they could have chosen otherwise. As to whether they are the right choices, I won't comment, but consequences follow from them.
But it has been ever thus in many cases.

Plenty of smaller stations where barriers never existed; plenty of trains where onboard checks were impractical.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

RJ

Established Member
We’ve seen several cases of people with 26-30 railcards travelling on tickets for 16-25 railcards within the appropiate time validity on here being prosecuted - are these cases isolated or common practice?

Is there any further context in these cases?

RPI

Established Member
I've never seen one on here? I've seen plenty of people with 16-25 railcards applying 16-17 Saver discounts, but that's completely different.

Fermiboson

Apologies, but I seem to have hallucinated its existence. Please disregard.

There is this, but OP did technically contravene a relatively obscure part of the difference b/t a 26-30 and 16-25: