• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Arriva Leicester electric buses still not in service.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy Pacer

Established Member
Roll out is progressing nicely.

They appear have raised the number of rosters from 6 to 10 this week, with 8000-10/9 seen out in service in April, and 11 buses out in service today.

Also, not seen any after dark in the evening, after 9pm, not sure if thats a policy or just coincidence.
They're all back in by around 2030hrs, mainly to control mileage and those routes are fine with single deck vehicles in the evenings.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mikw

Saw one on the A6 in Birstall today and got briefly excited, it wasn't in service. It was followed by an 09 plate Enviro though, which was making a horrible noise.

Wiggy49

Roll out progress continues with more rotas going electric with 18 buses out in service today 7th May viz 8000--17,
and 8019 in service throughout April,
and 8020 was in service on Saturday 4th May.

Leaving just 4 pending - 8018/21-3 from the first batch of 24.

If you want to find them,
they are focused on intended routes 47 & 48, 50 & 51 on weekdays, with lots more variety of routes at weekends as different interworking of routes occur.
As confirmed above, they don't work into the late evening,
after 9pm.

8021-3 appeared in service today 8th May,
leaving just 8018 outstanding.

Last edited:

1D54

They seem to be having battery problems with these that First don't suffer with. The delays around Enderby are bad enough without this.

Robertj21a

On Moderation
They seem to be having battery problems with these that First don't suffer with. The delays around Enderby are bad enough without this.
Not aware of any battery problems. What made you think that ?

1D54

10:05 St Margaret's - Narborough (2022) was in bay but reversed back and driver who brought it in said there were battery problems with it. Not the first time for me but others were in the early days of service.

Andy Pacer

Established Member
10:05 St Margaret's - Narborough (2022) was in bay but reversed back and driver who brought it in said there were battery problems with it. Not the first time for me but others were in the early days of service.
Any evidence other than overhearing drivers gossip?

1D54

Any evidence other than overhearing drivers gossip?
See no reason why he would say something that wasn't correct. A fitter was called sat in the cab and 10 minutes later the new driver took the bus away with out of service showing. The 10:25 was boarding at this time so people were happy.

Andy Pacer

Established Member
See no reason why he would say something that wasn't correct. A fitter was called sat in the cab and 10 minutes later the new driver took the bus away with out of service showing. The 10:25 was boarding at this time so people were happy.
Completely agree. I was surprised to hear of "battery problems" which suggested it was wide spread.

joieman

8001 tracked on the 127 on Bustimes this morning, working a journey to Loughborough Pitsford Drive before returning to Thurmaston.
I suppose, if it was indeed 8001, it was bound to happen eventually!

Andy Pacer

Established Member
8001 tracked on the 127 on Bustimes this morning, working a journey to Loughborough Pitsford Drive before returning to Thurmaston.
Quite likely it was, they will appear on some peak only boards to allow for inspection servicing in between (and there aren't any peak only boards on 47/48 or 50/51).

Mikw

Whoa! Surely not on the 127?!?! it's the route where the second hand buses pause before going to the scrapyard! Never thought i'd see the day.

joieman

Whoa! Surely not on the 127?!?! it's the route where the second hand buses pause before going to the scrapyard! Never thought i'd see the day.
Well, I think some of the 72-plates were on the 127 very early on, and ran on it particularly on Sundays when all the older buses are locked up at the depot. I have a photo of 4579 on its second day in service (in the snow) on the 127. So I think it's quite plausible. A post on another forum also suggests that they are being used on the peak working on the 127 to test their performance.

joieman

8002 is now tracking on the 127, presently between the depot and St Margaret's Bus Station, again scheduled to run a peak time working to Pitsford Drive.

Andy Pacer

Established Member
8002 is now tracking on the 127, presently between the depot and St Margaret's Bus Station, again scheduled to run a peak time working to Pitsford Drive.
Likely to become a semi-regular working. There are 24 EVs but only 23 workings, so the 24th bus will be on something else most days, as I said yesterday this peak extra accommodates servicing inspections.

Mikw

Well, I think some of the 72-plates were on the 127 very early on, and ran on it particularly on Sundays when all the older buses are locked up at the depot. I have a photo of 4579 on its second day in service (in the snow) on the 127. So I think it's quite plausible. A post on another forum also suggests that they are being used on the peak working on the 127 to test their performance.
I can only speak as a regular user of the service. Today - in daytime (off peak) there were 3 DB 250's, one 16 plate Enviro 400, and the rest were the ex-Bootle Enviro 400's and a solitary 11 plate Versa
I've just seen a 17 plate Enviro being used in afternoon peak, but we seem to have very old stock for most of the day.
We definitely get a few of the 72 plate Enviro 400's on Sunday and in the evening, but the main daytime off peak it's tired and old stuff for the most part.
Our last major allocation of new stock was the 02 plate lowlanders - only a few short years after the S Reg Volvo Olympians.

Established Member
Glad to see these now in service. Also notice some of the First Leicester deckers in service as well now.
I can only speak as a regular user of the service. Today - in daytime (off peak) there were 3 DB 250's, one 16 plate Enviro 400, and the rest were the ex-Bootle Enviro 400's and a solitary 11 plate Versa
I've just seen a 17 plate Enviro being used in afternoon peak, but we seem to have very old stock for most of the day.
We definitely get a few of the 72 plate Enviro 400's on Sunday and in the evening, but the main daytime off peak it's tired and old stuff for the most part.
Our last major allocation of new stock was the 02 plate lowlanders - only a few short years after the S Reg Volvo Olympians.
Better than what we have in Derby. Other than the 68 plate Streetlites most of the city services are run by 15 year old vehicles.

GusB

Established Member
Associate Staff
Buses & Coaches
As all the vehicles are now in service, the thread has run its course - it's also drifting off topic!

Anyone who wishes to discuss any other aspects of Arriva in Leicester should search to see if there is an existing thread in the first instance; if there isn't, please start a new one.

Thanks, everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.