• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Arriva London/London Overground Trainee Train Driver Job

Status
Not open for further replies.

andreww1978

Hi all,

I applied for the position of trainee train driver with London Overground back in December last year (20/12/2015). Upon emailing them, I was told that there was 4000 applicants and it is expected to take 4 months to get through them all.

4 months passed and I emailed them again earlier this week to be told the same, and that due to the amount of applicants it's taking longer than usual to get back to everyone.

Has anyone else on here been in the same boat? If so how long was the wait?

I passed the assessments with Southeastern 3 years ago, and know what the driver training entails.

I am still very hopeful of receiving an email soon with good news in it. ??????????????????

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Tron81

Still in the same boat... kind of given up on it though but who knows!!!

12guard4

Don't give up hope until you have an email telling you no. It is a notoriously long process so be patient. Try and forget about it and carry on with your life is best advice I can give you then you might find your response will come when you least expect it.

andreww1978

I will be keeping up hope.

I applied for SWT some years ago. Got the interview 2.5 years later!!

Hopefully not too long with London Overground ??????

choochoochoo

Established Member
Hi all,

I applied for the position of trainee train driver with London Overground back in December last year (20/12/2015). Upon emailing them, I was told that there was 4000 applicants and it is expected to take 4 months to get through them all.

4 months passed and I emailed them again earlier this week to be told the same, and that due to the amount of applicants it's taking longer than usual to get back to everyone.

Has anyone else on here been in the same boat? If so how long was the wait?

I passed the assessments with Southeastern 3 years ago, and know what the driver training entails.

I am still very hopeful of receiving an email soon with good news in it. ??????????????????

I know the process is long, but one year and 4 months to just go through application forms ? ;)

andreww1978

Yep. Spot the mistake. Lol.

Should have been 2016.

I'd be way out of my head if I'd had to wait 1 year 4 months.

andreww1978

I did not get that job, so stayed with Southern. By the time of the interview I'd moved house.

greatkingrat

Established Member
I believe there are at least two more courses planned later on this year, and they won't be advertising again for them, so at least some of the people waiting should get invited to assessments in the next month or two.

fordfiesta

Southeastern are looking for trainee drivers, check it out and apply while you're waiting on London Overground.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.