• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Arriva London trainee drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

James Jr

4 months since I sent the application and still nothing heard :(
Dont loose heart buddy, my experience (if not most) was pretty much the same.
I'd say if you haven't heard anything its not particularly a bad thing but a positive in view of recruitment processes. If your application wasn't successful I believe companies are required to provide feedback within an allocated period of 14days?
It also wont be a bad idea to email them to enquire about your application progress which is what I did, and surprisingly enough soon after I got assessment an date. All the best
One second
Yeah its about a second. The good thing about the test is they tell you what your to look out for. On the other hand you've got a short window. Everything is about focus and concentration.

Sera

I also applied back in November but i didn't have any response yet :/ Two years ago i passed all the tests but i didn't make it through the last one which was specific to overground as far as i remember. I was concerned that i didn't had any response and two months ago i emailed the HR. They said that i will definitely get a response and that it just takes too long. But then i see people on this thread mentioning that the training program will start on April :/ Should i send them a second email or would it be too much? It would be also nice to hear other peoples experiences. Cheers ;)

Tron81

Dont loose heart buddy, my experience (if not most) was pretty much the same.
I'd say if you haven't heard anything its not particularly a bad thing but a positive in view of recruitment processes. If your application wasn't successful I believe companies are required to provide feedback within an allocated period of 14days?
It also wont be a bad idea to email them to enquire about your application progress which is what I did, and surprisingly enough soon after I got assessment an date. All the best

Yeah its about a second. The good thing about the test is they tell you what your to look out for. On the other hand you've got a short window. Everything is about focus and concentration.
Was the DMI included on the first day or like they said in the email.. just 2 concentration tests and an SJT?
Many thanks

Sera

I also applied back in November but i didn't have any response yet :/ Two years ago i passed all the tests but i didn't make it through the last one which was specific to overground as far as i remember. I was concerned that i didn't had any response and two months ago i emailed the HR. They said that i will definitely get a response and that it just takes too long. But then i see people on this thread mentioning that the training program will start on April :/ Should i send them a second email or it would be too much? It would be also nice to hear other peoples experiences. Cheers ;)

Techno77

Was the DMI included on the first day or like they said in the email.. just 2 concentration tests and an SJT?
Many thanks
DMI is definitely not included on the 1st day and not the 2nd either. I think you are referring to MMI which is at the end of the 2nd day at the OPC

Tron81

DMI is definitely not included on the 1st day and not the 2nd either. I think you are referring to MMI which is at the end of the 2nd day at the OPC
So what is on the second stage.... the flashing picture, the grey box and DMI?

All help is appreciated

Last edited:

Theooboy

Hello

I’ve got an assement this month for Arriva abit nervous after looking at the practice material I know some guys in this have already passed any advice they could give for stage 1

Thanks

Techno77

Hello

I’ve got an assement this month for Arriva abit nervous after looking at the practice material I know some guys in this have already passed any advice they could give for stage 1

Thanks
Definitely practice the Group Bourdon Tool which you can find on the top of threads. It will most likely be on paper on the day but it really helps to improve your concentration

Theooboy

Thanks I will get to that now, on average how many lines you think out of 15 on the group bourdon

Tron81

Did you actually read the reply?
DMI is not part of the 1st and 2nd stage!
They seemed to have switched up the recruitment process.. it's like they are rushing candidates through....hence my question as they have emailed one thing but the materials say something else

James Jr

What is the average age (if known by stats) of a trainee train driver for London Overground? I'm just wondering whether a certain age range may be at an advantage or disadvantage for consideration of the role and training course? Any internal views

Theooboy

Definitely practice the Group Bourdon Tool which you can find on the top of threads. It will most likely be on paper on the day but it really helps to improve your concentration
Thanks for this when I started I was really bad getting a lot of errors now I’m quite good and feel prepared for my stage 1

f40spider

Such a long time ago cant remember no questionnaire to be honest. Well I just have to wait and see now.
Good luck to you though sir

Nabeek1k

Hi,

I recently had my SJT test on the 4th of April and have not got a reply yet. Anybody else who has not recieved a resoonse yet?

Unknockable

Such a long time ago cant remember no questionnaire to be honest. Well I just have to wait and see now.
Good luck to you though sir
Thank you, I’m doing all I can to do well on the day. I’m not sure if I’m gonna have to do everything on the day but I’m preparing for all of it

f40spider

I emailed them to see how it was going but got a generic response.. appreciate they got 5000 applicants none the lesss

abs

Hello guys just a quick question, if anybody can help, much appreciated. How much time do we get to complete the TEA-occ part of the tests? For instance, I know for the Group Bourdon, we get 2 min per page / 5 pages.

Thanks

Techno77

Hello guys just a quick question, if anybody can help, much appreciated. How much time do we get to complete the TEA-occ part of the tests? For instance, I know for the Group Bourdon, we get 2 min per page / 5 pages.

Thanks
I wouldn't worry too much about the time. Time will pass faster than you think/wish.
Just do your best as accurately and quickly as possible

Status
Not open for further replies.