• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Arriva Rail - London Overground - Trainee Positions

Status
Not open for further replies.

greatkingrat

Established Member
Ah ok was just hoping to see someone’s!!! Are other drivers happy to swap or do people stick to their rota?? Ie swap earlies for lates etc.

Wk1 RD L L L L L RD
Wk2 RD E E E RD E E
Wk3 E E E RD RD E E
Wk4 L L RD RD RD RD RD
Wk5 RD RD E E E E E
Wk6 L L RD RD L L L
Wk7 L RD L L L L RD
Wk8 RD RD RD RD RD RD RD

Here is a typical 8-week block. You can normally find swaps if needed, although obviously not guaranteed.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Barry K

Wk1 RD L L L L L RD
Wk2 RD E E E RD E E
Wk3 E E E RD RD E E
Wk4 L L RD RD RD RD RD
Wk5 RD RD E E E E E
Wk6 L L RD RD L L L
Wk7 L RD L L L L RD
Wk8 RD RD RD RD RD RD RD

Here is a typical 8-week block. You can normally find swaps if needed, although obviously not guaranteed.

Seriously? 2 weeks out of 8 fully off?!?!?!

Saracen_83

Thank you much appreciated..... you drive fro ARL???

If I’ve got my maths correct, you work a 5 day week on average but in return on the 4th week get those days paid back to in the form of rest days, so therefore overall average basically a 4 day week over a block of 4 weeks that correct??

Looks like a very nice shift pattern if I’m honest!!!!

Last edited:

Barry K

Yes, but on the flip side, there are times when you are working 8 days out of 9. You're still doing 32 days in total over the 8-week period.

I'm an ex-bus/coach driver. I've been in the position of 6 on one off 6 on before, with, for example, a 19-hour, 2-man shift, 9 hours off, then a 14-hour solo shift, then another 4 shifts of varying length. Managers tend to abuse the spirit of the EU drivers hours regs in the coach industry....

Jay112

Hi guys, has anyone got a reply that has passed previous assessment centre from either the same toc or others??

Just trying to gather an understanding if they are waiting for assessents to be done before they call others that have done it before!!!

Lem

Hi guys, has anyone got a reply that has passed previous assessment centre from either the same toc or others??

Just trying to gather an understanding if they are waiting for assessents to be done before they call others that have done it before!!!

This is what I was hoping too

Magoo

I've not heard anything yet. I applied in Dec 16 and took months to get a rejection. So not holding my breath this time round

baz962

Established Member

I have been invited to assessment, and have previously passed with a different toc.

baz962

Established Member

Just to add i phoned opc and i still have to attend allday, but will only do tests specific to arriva.

HTBFD

Does anyone know how long the assessment day lasts? I know on the email it says the tests take around 3 hours but not sure if there will be anything else to do on the day.

greatkingrat

Established Member
Yes, 3 hours is about right. There are usually two assessments per day (AM and PM), so they need to get through things fairly quickly.

baz962

Established Member
Depends on how many will be there, when I did mine it lasted until 5.30

GreenSignal

Has anyone who has been to an assessment day for this round of recruitment got through to the next stage?

Saracen_83

Posted this in signaller thread as well but have interview for train driver too and may even be hypothetical if I don’t get a job but thought I should ask!!!!

I have a holiday booked for my sister in laws wedding where I am an usher (she is getting married in August 2018, and I would be away for 11 days.

What happens regarding training course, this holiday etc???

greatkingrat

Established Member
You can't take leave during the training course so you would either have to cancel the holiday, or wait for a later course that starts after August.

Saracen_83

You can't take leave during the training course so you would either have to cancel the holiday, or wait for a later course that starts after August.

Does that include when your out with the DI?? Or just the rules and regs and classroom based stuff?? Coz if the training course a year, that means no AL for a year??

baz962

Established Member
Does that include when your out with the DI?? Or just the rules and regs and classroom based stuff?? Coz if the training course a year, that means no AL for a year??

I cant answer the question, but i believe arriva knocks the training out in 8 to 9 months .

greatkingrat

Established Member
There are weeks of annual leave built into the course, but you don't choose when to take them.

Saracen_83

Thank you! Will just have to wait and see and if needs be I’ll have to miss the wedding which is a shame but I suppose I’ll have no choice really

Monopoli

Quick question to anyone that has the knowledge of this TOC. Do they offer overtime and what is the rate they pay?

Skoodle

Overtime is paid at basic rate. Rest Day Working is paid at basic rate and for a minimum of 8 hours. So if you do RDW and you are given a 7 hour job, you'll get paid 8 hours.

zambo01

Can anyone that’s already attended the Stage 1 assessment tell me whether or not you had to sit the MMI during this assessment?

Just want to try and make sure I’m as prepared as I can be! Got to make sure my shoes are extra shiny etc!

zambo01

Can anyone that’s already attended the Stage 1 assessment tell me whether or not you had to sit the MMI during this assessment?

Just want to try and make sure I’m as prepared as I can be! Got to make sure my shoes are extra shiny etc!

Just want to add, the reason I’m wondering is because the email only mentions the two concentration tests, the fault finding test and SJT - but the practice papers indicate that the SJT and MMI are done one after the other....

Saracen_83

Just want to add, the reason I’m wondering is because the email only mentions the two concentration tests, the fault finding test and SJT - but the practice papers indicate that the SJT and MMI are done one after the other....

If you look at their website it say there are two stages stage one has a SJT and stage two has a situational judgement exercise and MmI combined

baz962

Established Member
If you look at their website it say there are two stages stage one has a SJT and stage two has a situational judgement exercise and MmI combined

The stage one in this case, should be the one specific to arriva, and the one with the mmi done by the opc as the sjt helps shape the way they ask the mmi questions.

zambo01

I think that’s where and why I’m confused. The Arriva London Overground website and email documentation suggests the MMI is done on a second day, but the practice materials (which are from the opc) suggest you complete the SJE and MMI after one another....was hoping that someone who’s already attended a stage 1 with Arriva London Overground would be able to say definitively!

Oh well, just have to go in to it expecting the MMI Just in case!

I’m at the assessment day tomorrow morning. Working Nights tonight, but taking a half shift off (not ideal I know, but couldn’t get the whole shift off!) so that I can get some kip before the assessment centre.

Good luck to anyone else that’s attending tomorrow. See some of you there!

baz962

Established Member
I think that’s where and why I’m confused. The Arriva London Overground website and email documentation suggests the MMI is done on a second day, but the practice materials (which are from the opc) suggest you complete the SJE and MMI after one another....was hoping that someone who’s already attended a stage 1 with Arriva London Overground would be able to say definitively!

Oh well, just have to go in to it expecting the MMI Just in case!

I’m at the assessment day tomorrow morning. Working Nights tonight, but taking a half shift off (not ideal I know, but couldn’t get the whole shift off!) so that I can get some kip before the assessment centre.

Good luck to anyone else that’s attending tomorrow. See some of you there!

See you there mate .

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.