• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Arriva Rail London - Qualified/Trainee Driver Vacancies - Dec 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Tron81

I still haven't heard a thing regarding my application. When I spoke to them they said it could take up to four months which by my calculations would be on the 11th of this mo th so I'll just have to wait and see what happens.

What's the latest? I still haven't had a response since the SJT. Is anyone else in the same boat? Or had a rejection?

Thomas choo

What's the latest? I still haven't had a response since the SJT. Is anyone else in the same boat? Or had a rejection?

I still haven't had any communication with them, haven't really had the chance to try call them at the moment either if I get 5 minutes today I'll call them and let you know what the outcome is.

Deano4

I'm really looking forward to starting on the 8th May, anyone else on here starting then?

Driver_Shez

Complete change for me, going from a Mon-Fri 8-5 Job! But really looking forward to it.

Very much similar to me, worked as a contractor in an office for a while. I juat cannot wait to get away from the office politics. Plus the upside of learning a great skill being a train operator!!! See you on the 8th!!!

Deano4

Very much similar to me, worked as a contractor in an office for a while. I juat cannot wait to get away from the office politics. Plus the upside of learning a great skill being a train operator!!! See you on the 8th!!!

I know what you mean about office politics!

Look forward to seeing you then mate.

Thomas choo

I still haven't had any communication with them, haven't really had the chance to try call them at the moment either if I get 5 minutes today I'll call them and let you know what the outcome is.

So spoke to HR to be told they have received thousands of applications so it is taking longer than normal to get through them but everyone will hear at some point.

Tron81

So spoke to HR to be told they have received thousands of applications so it is taking longer than normal to get through them but everyone will hear at some point.

So the rest of us might end up in a pool... if we don't get a rejection as it seems a lot of people have received start date's already.

332 > 444

Completely forgot i applied to this, i await rejection, reading other posts of mine you'll know why.

Val3ntine

Anyone else still awaiting a reply from their initial application form/ SJT in December? I've noticed I havent seen anyone say they've recieved even a rejection on here.

Nicksta

Does anyone know when there will be a recruitment drive for trainee drivers in Essex ,,,, thanks I'm new to this thread

andreww1978

Still waiting too. I'm taking it as no news in good news. I understand the LO are going 24 hours a day, so we may be in mind for that. Hopefully not too long now though.

Tee133786

Just received this

Dear Candidate,

Thank you for submitting your interest for Trainee Train Driver positions at Arriva Rail London.

You can log in to our careers website at any point to update your application information.

The role of a Trainee Driver is highly sought-after and because of this, we receive an exceptionally high number of applications. We have a lengthy shortlisting and assessment process which means it can take some time for us to get back to you. As soon as we have assessed your application, we will contact you by email immediately.

Due to the volume of applications received, this process is taking somewhat longer that usually expected. We are currently awaiting further information on future course dates, to which we will use the existing pool of applicants to recruit from.

cfields

5th haha. I'm confused though, does this mean there's still vacancies? I thought they'd all been taken...

atochopefull

6th! Do you think someone from Arriva HR read this post and thought "We'd better send these guys and girls an update"? Does it mean those who have received the email have passed the paper sift??

greatkingrat

Established Member
5th haha. I'm confused though, does this mean there's still vacancies? I thought they'd all been taken...

Three courses have already started, but as they say in the email there are likely to be further courses later this year / early next year, which will be filled from the current pool of applicants.

Status
Not open for further replies.