• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Article: The Damned's Captain Sensible On Why He Likes Trains

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenHewitt

Hi guys,

My name is Ben Hewitt and I'm the news editor of a UK music website called The Quietus.

We've just published a feature with Captain Sensible from punk legends The Damned, talking about his life-long obsession with trains.

http://thequietus.com/articles/03195-the-damned-s-captain-sensible-on-why-he-likes-trains

He even has a Class 47 diesel locomotive named after him!

Please give it a read and let us know what you think!

Cheers

Ben

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

I've been a Damned fan since I was 11 and thats a good while ago. I just wish that I knew then that the Captain (Real name Ray Burns ex toilet cleaner) was a train fan, as it would have stopped some of the grief I got from my school freinds that thought liking railways was just 'not a punky thing to do'. Mind that was 1977.

I still have an interest in railways and I still listen to the Damned. Sadly I don't have my funky monkey jumper like the captain anymore.

And like the Captain I also have had my holidays in Dawlish for the past few years.

Last edited:

starrymarkb

Established Member
Its also no surprise that the Damned were playing Whitby Gothic Weekend when the NYMR had a gala on ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.