• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Basingstoke to Clapham Return - Can I use return portion from Feltham?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirBroccoli

Hi all,

I am travelling from Basingstoke to Gatwick early tomorrow morning, and flying back into Heathrow on Sunday afternoon.

I intend to get an off peak return from Basingstoke to Clapham, with Network Railcard discount, priced at £23, and do the rest of the journey using contactless travel. But for the return journey back to Basingstoke on Sunday, can I just take one of the direct hourly trains on Sunday from Feltham to Woking, then change for a train to Basingstoke from there. Is it a valid route? Are there any other ways I can do these journeys cheaper? I know that Basingstoke to East Croydon is the same price for example. Look forward to seeing your thoughts.

Cheers,
Alex

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

JonathanH

Veteran Member
I intend to get an off peak return from Basingstoke to Clapham, with Network Railcard discount, priced at £23, and do the rest of the journey using contactless travel.
An off-peak return from Basingstoke to Gatwick Airport routed Not via London is £22.75 and therefore cheaper without needing to use Contactless.

As for Feltham, starting short on the return and going via Chertsey and Woking is fine, even with a ticket from Basingstoke to Gatwick Airport.

jfollows

Established Member
Basingstoke to Clapham Junction is allowed through map LE which doesn't include Feltham; but is the route via Feltham allowed for other reasons such as mileage?

JonathanH

Veteran Member
GWR booking engine gives itineraries between Basingstoke and Gatwick Airport via Feltham and both Chertsey and Reading on the 'Not Via London' ticket.

Status
Not open for further replies.