• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Brighton to Manchester - weds to sunday - strikes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cookie365

Hello, I'm planning to travel from Brighton to Manchester on Wednesday this week , returning Sunday.

NRE shows normal services both days - anyone know what the effect of the strikes is likely to be? Will I be able to make both journeys?

Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

stut

Established Member
I would make sure you get the Thameslink to St Pancras and walk to Euston, preparing for a *very* busy carriage between Blackfriars and St P! This will be far easier than having to cross London by bus/taxi/whatever-of-the-Victoria-line-is-running.

Veteran Member
The strike doesn't start till 2130 officially.
Southern engineers will be banning overtime on the Sunday, not sure that would have an immediate impact.

dave12435

Yeah you should be ok going at least
of course once you would have been able to get a direct XC service but oh well

paul1609

Established Member
Don't know what sort of ticket you're travelling on but changing at Clapham Junction, Watford Junction and Milton Keynes has a time penalty of only around 20 mins on the official NRE cross London connection. It would almost certainly be quicker than the Thameslink trundle through South London and the walk down the Euston Road.

cookie365

Thanks everyone, I'd thought of the St Pancras option but forgot about the route through Chelsea, I'll have a look at that. I'll probably get an off-peak return which should be fine for that route.

I wasn't too sure if an engineers strike would have an immediate effect on services, I'm going to gamble and assume it won't :)

Status
Not open for further replies.